Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Cabo and Tahoe

So I see that I’ve been away from the online blogging for awhile.  It’s time to get back into it.  So many things to talk about.   As you may or may not know, I got two new Calico Kittens.  They’re sisters and were found in a dumpster.  I adopted them to help me think beyond myself and the house was too quiet (or too loud, depending upon perspective) with just me and my thoughts. 

I’ve named them Cabo and Tahoe (Thanks R) as these are my two favorite places to vacation and it suits their temperament. They are quite the handful and busted my chops the first day I got them by hiding in the dryer and not coming out for 14 hours.  I was so sure I lost them, that I downed a pint of ice cream.

The latest shenanigans that they got into ended up in Vet bills around $500.  Not sure what they were licking on, but they ended up losing the top layer of their tongues.  Now they’re on pain meds, antibiotics and eye cream.  I had to postpone their spay appointment till the 16th.  In the meantime, the litter box training is going well.  I think I’ll introduce them to my bedroom this weekend, but only daytime visits until I’m sure they’ll head to the CatGenie.


No comments: