Saturday, December 12, 2015

Online Dating

How to react after the first date.

But this Online dating thing is kicking my butt.  You never know what you’re going to get and how they paint themselves online.  Some of the things I’ve come across:
  • ·       I’ve had guys tell me they’d move to California to be with me…without having ever met me!
  • ·       Tell me they love me after the first date….REALLY???  Oh be still my heart!
  • ·       Go psycho because I haven’t called them within 24 hours after a date….What am I…NEW?
  • ·       Go psycho because I didn’t respond the way they wanted me to from a text they sent. Oh, let me drop to my knees and thank God you’re interested in me.
  • ·       Send messages about my beauty (my friends know that my beauty comes and goes) and not messages with substance that would appeal to my mind.  I guess they expect an insipid airhead.
  • ·       Something about Zebra riding (I don’t make this stuff up),
  • ·       Don’t look like their profile pictures, and play Rick Springfield on their Harley’s…I know every chick envied me that day!!!
  • ·       Send the wrong texts to you that should’ve been sent to some other woman..Uh, ok…I know I’m not your only date, but really???
  • ·       Scammers :

o   Stationed in Afghanistan, need to send a package, please sign for it, open it and pay yourself out of the money in the package..
o   Lives across the Country, willing to move for you, (I don’t wait for the shoe to drop regarding packages)
o   Stationed overseas….(cut them off at the knees, wasn’t going there again).
  • ·       Elitist Snobs – Telling me in every conversation how much money they make, how much they spend on a bottle of wine, what tax bracket they’re in….what, did my profile say I was looking for a Sugar Daddy???


But lately, I’ve been finding that when I do meet them, they don’t call back.  So what am I doing wrong on the first date?  Am I too fat? Do I have something in my teeth? Do I say something wrong?  Do I give off a psycho weird vibe? Am I too independent, headstrong?  Or maybe I’m giving off an “unavailable” vibe that they sense.   

I feel like I’m ready for a relationship, that I’m ready for love, but maybe it’s my head that says it, and not my heart and they see that.  I’ve been playing around a bit, i.e. the unexpected hookup,  but nothing too crazy.  Just having fun, and knowing that I can is a great feeling.  BUT…..


That’s not all there is to life.  I want more. I want to be desired, pursued, etc.  I don’t want ground beef, I want Kobe beef.  Ah well.

No comments: