Friday, December 11, 2015

Saying the Word "Christmas"

WARNING: Diz is on a Rant!!! – Read a post from a friend who stated that she was asked to sing in our holiday program at work and to pick a song.  She chose “Happy Christmas” and received a phone call informing her that “we” can’t say the word “CHRISTMAS”!   WTF???

As you may recall from a previous rant, I left the Holiday Choir at work over some Politically Correct (PC) crap about not signing “Rockin Round the Christmas Tree”. I argued that if they were so concerned about PC and diversity, they should send out a call letter to all employees around June/July asking what holiday songs they’d like to hear.  This would give us time to practice other songs and everyone would be represented.  I got shot down, so I left.

Now “Diversity” is preached consistently throughout my workplace.  But it’s become obvious to me that “Diversity” only applies to everyone other than Christians.  The definition of Diversity is “The condition of having or being composed of differing elements: variety; especially: the inclusion of different types of people (as people of different races or cultures) in a group or organization , etc.

This means that by excluding Christians and the word “Christmas”, it is in direct conflict with the word “Diversity”, which would make my workplace hypocritical.  Hmmm….will my workplace remove “Christmas” off the calendar in an effort to be diverse?  Will my workplace and our Government remove the “Christmas” holiday in an effort to be PC?

People….WE ARE TAKING THIS CRAP TOO FAR!!!!  I have no problems with the Christian or other religions and their customs or songs as long as there is no conflict between the religion and my Constitution or the laws of the United States.  But the backlash and hypocrisy of excluding only Christian beliefs to be “sensitive” to other religious beliefs is crap.  The Constitution does not and never will protect you from being offended!  It does protect everyone’s right to their religious beliefs. 

And my rant includes any college student who is offended by free speech, or the questionable history of any of our public figures.  Pull up your damned BigBoy/Girl panties and suck it up!  Or go home to your protected environment and leave the rest of us to trade our ideas and opinions in a respectful and thoughtful manner.  That is what college is for…expanding your horizons. 

And my rant includes any high and mighty Christians who want to be the judge and jury of your peers.  If you read your Bible, Luke 6:37 says "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.”  If you believe in God, you believe that you’ll stand before him one day when your time comes…so will everyone else.  Yes, I do judge, but I’m also not perfect..far from it….and I won’t be throwing the first stone. Well, unless I’m throwing it at the AntiChrist (and my friends know who I’m talking about). 

Deep breath….OHMMMM  ohmmmmm…



No comments: