Saturday, June 28, 2014

And The Hits......

Got a call today from the ex-husband (EH). He needs a favor.  He's going out of town for a week and would like me to check on the cat once, while he's gone.  Not a problem. But then he was insistent about having dinner tomorrow night.  He'd either bring steaks or we'd go out.

I told him that wasn't necessary, but he felt it was.  After the last time, I know that I can't do this unless we're in a group situation.  We cannot do on-on-one.  He still loves me (I do love him but not in the same way) and he still misses me.  But he's unwilling to make the changes that I'd need to make a relationship work.  We are not getting back together, and having dinner with him gives him false hope.  I told him that my Mom was supposed to come to dinner tomorrow night...guess I'd better make that happen.

I'm also wondering why he thinks my stance could've changed? What did someone tell him?  I haven't told him that I ended things with the Cowboy, so who did?  I have to believe that is why he's being so persistent...other than his feelings for me. I hate this feeling.  I'm going to have to find a way to live with it and move on.

Maybe it's more intense..this guilty feeling, because of the recent stuff...I don't know.  Maybe I'll add more in a bit.

No comments: