Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Diz Done In...by Flu?

Last Thursday, while in Tahoe, I started feeling weird. We went out to dinner and when we got back to the Coyote House I knew I couldn't hold my head up for a second longer, so at 8 p.m. I bid K & R goodnight and headed to bed.  I got up the next morning around 9, but then crawled back in by 10:30 and stayed there until the next morning.  I was coughing, feverish, etc.  But I managed to pull it together long enough to drive myself home.

After dragging my stuff in the house, I dressed down, hit the shower, and was once again...out.  This time though, I developed an unusual headache. It was like lightening bolts in my skull and it would't let me sleep. I knew I wasn't going to work on Monday and my doctor wanted me to come see her, but I told her there was no way I could drive to Lincoln. Fortunately, they set me up with a doc that was about 4 miles away.  What do I have?

I have a severe flu, puss behind my ear drums, 101.7 temperature,  extremely low blood pressure, etc.  They gave me a shot of Torodal in my ass to help with the head pain, antibiotics, more pain meds and was told if I get any worse to head to the emergency room...UGH!  I used this opportunity to hit the grocery store cuz I knew I wouldn't be leaving my home anytime soon.  Got fresh fruit, yogurt, avocado, etc. But the truth is, I hadn't eating anything since Thursday.

K brought me home some chicken noodle, but it had no taste and I ended up puking it all up anyway. I made a fruit smoothie when I got home and managed to keep that down, but my eating is nonexistent. I'm down 10 lbs and am just exhausted.

I did purchase some ready made mashed potatoes and I ate some of that this morning.  They're a little on the salty side, but...it's something. Tomorrow, I'm hoping to muster the energy to head downtown for  class I'd signed up for months ago. Better make sure I can fix some dinner and keep that down.

The good news is that I've made plans to camp with some friends in July, so I'll fly to Portland, OR and have a bit of fun.  These are the same friends I met in Cabo last year.  So looking forward to it.

You know....Life will not wait for you, it will leave you in the dust. I can't put my life on hold anymore and I have to go out and pursue it. So here it goes.... Now if I could just blow this flu...

No comments: