Thursday, June 12, 2014

Awake...

I'm having a hard time dropping off to sleep.  Maybe it's the moon...maybe it's the sirens and helicopter I hear outside....maybe it's my mind that's clouded.  It's actually been like that all week. Can't seem to drop off to sleep.

After one of my team meetings today, one of the members (A) took me aside to ask if I knew the guy who took over a cubicle vacated by a person that got promoted.  I told him that I did know the guy (the Work Marine) and asked why.  He said "I thought you should know that he speaks very highly of you".  I told "A" that the Work Marine gives me too much credit for helping him get his job.  And "A" said..."No, I mean he's totally enamored of you...as in outside of work, future relationship stuff".

Although I knew he had feelings for me, I didn't realize that he was talking about me that way to others.  I thought about it and decided to make light of the situation and told "A", "Well, I'm sorry to hear that because I don't date anyone from the work pool....But I might make an exception in your case".  "A" looked at me and busted up laughing.  He said "Really, cuz I might take you up on that" and I started snorting with laughter.  I told him that because I do project management, it wouldn't  be good to muddy the water with any work/off work relationships and he said that he totally understood...he just thought I should know the extent of the Work Marine's feelings.  I thanked him and we went our separate ways.

That is not good.  I get that someone may have feelings for me at work...but why are you discussing that with others?  Totally not appropriate.  I certainly don't need anyone mistakingly thinking that I may be interested and act on someone at work.  I don't know.  I like the Work Marine as a friend, and I told him upfront that nothing will ever happen between us because we work at the same facility.

When I was sick last week, he texted and asked to take me to coffee.  I let him know I was out of the office sick and he asked me if the Cowboy was taking care of me.  I knew he was asking that for more than one reason.  He wanted to know if the Cowboy had moved in with me. Instead of answering yes or no...I answered that I was perfectly capable of taking care of myself when I'm sick...with or without a man.  When he saw me this week he apologized for asking the question.

I have the suspicion that things just got a little more complicated at work.  I will need to step carefully...especially since my next step is to get into Management.

Ok, It's 11 p.m. and I'm gonna shut down the 'puter and see if I can get some sleep.  I can hear the helicopter, and the police loudspeaker say something about calling 911..blah blah blah...So I've pulled out my .40 and it's lying next to me on the bed..since I'm not closing my windows.  The air is too nice and cool outside.  G'nite Peeps.

No comments: