Thursday, June 5, 2014

Little Victories

I tried to go to work today, but by the time I got up, showered, dressed and headed to the truck, I was so dizzy.  When I closed my eyes, I thought I was going to drop to the floor. So I headed back into the house and promptly collapsed on the sofa.

However, I did manage to get some food down and I managed to walk to my mailbox and get my mail...first time all week! I'm going into work tomorrow, come hell or high water and then...hopefully get my crib back into shape this weekend. I have not unpacked my suitcase from last week, and there's a sink full of dishes with my name on them.  I've also been craving a crisp salad, so maybe that's what we'll have for dinner tomorrow.

Sixteen Candles is on the boob tube and it takes me back. Although it came out two years after I graduated, I don't know a girl alive that didn't have a "Jake Ryan" in her past.  In a lot of ways, I still feel like that unsure person, not knowing what the future holds, but excited about the possibilities.

Wish me luck.

No comments: