Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day

This is always a weird day for me.  I wish the Dad's that I know a "Happy Father's Day". But for me...I've never really had a Dad.  And there may have been a time to pursue it, but I've had such crappy step-father's that I felt it better to not know the biological.  Besides, I'm a product of date rape (which is something I never should've been told), so why would I want to know an ass like that.

A couple of weeks back, I was talking to my Mother and not sure how we even got onto the subject of Fathers, but I said something along the lines of never wanting to pursue  relationship with the biological. And she informs me that he's dead, so it'll never happen.

I guess what's so damned irritating to me about the whole thing is she's obviously kept close enough contact to know these things.  He's also someone everyone on my mothers side of the family knows, but no one asked me what I wanted, or anything.  Some big family secret that will continue to be one.  The drama never ends.

Those commercials would always get me...the bride having her father/daughter dance. The little girl dancing on her daddy's feet.

But that doesn't mean I can't be happy for those who have awesome Dads.  I am...extremely. And I love acknowledging them.  It's not easy to be a parent. It can be a thankless, heart wrenching job.  On the other hand...you'll never know the greatest joys without being a parent. Ah well..

No comments: