Monday, June 30, 2014

Hobby Lobby

Since I've been blogging about my drama....it's time to wax a little political.  It's time to hold on to your ass now......

I have to say that I agree with the SCOTUS decision with Hobby Lobby (HL).  HL provides birth control to their employees.  According to the new Obama Care law, there are 20 different items that they're demanding are covered.  Hobby Lobby covers 16 of them.  The 4 that they don't cover has to do with their belief that once an egg is fertilized...it is "life".  So they don't support any of the items that would put a fertilized egg in danger.

So people are up in arms over those 4 items.  Keep in mind, this is a family owned Christian company.  Always has been.  They have a right to their beliefs, just like I do.  And a person has a choice whether or not they want to work for Hobby Lobby.  No one is forcing them.

When do people take responsibility for their own choices?  If you choose to work for a Christian owned company, then you choose to work under the the foundations that they built their company on...christian foundations.  Don't join the company and expect them to change for you.  Don't join the Catholic religion as a gay person and expect the Bishop to marry you and your partner.  It isn't the religion for you.  Why does everyone think they're so damned special that the world has to change for them...accommodate their needs...be sensitive to their wants and dislikes.  Really???  GO FUCK YOURSELF!

I am sick to death of everyone worrying about offending someone with their words, beliefs, etc.  I'm a little pissed off.  A cashier at work was reprimanded because one of my 6,000 co-workers was offended by his dancing in front of the cash register.  REALLY???  I dance whenever the mood strikes me...and that includes at work.  I also sing whenever the mood strikes me...that includes at work.  I dare you to come to me and tell me you're offended by that.  My response...GO FUCK YOURSELF!!!

People can love who they please, worship as they please, etc..as long as it doesn't hurt someone else.  Sorry to those that would impose Sharia Law...that would hurt me..and it's not just a religion...it's also law..and anything contradictory to the Law of the United States is OUT.  Don't like it?  Move to another country that allows it...and by the way...GO FUCK YOURSELF!!!

Ok...I feel a little better now.

No comments: