Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Another Award

Just found out I'm getting another award. It's a GTC award for IT.  I'm flattered and it's an honor, but...

I feel like such a fraud. My teams do the hard work...I just orchestrate and make sure we all get along. I don't have to do the heavy lifting like they do. Turns out I'll need to attend GTC next Wednesday to receive the award.  Didn't know a thing about it until today.

Honestly...it's like having to tell all the good things about yourself for a job interview. Yeah, I can sell myself when needed, but really?  Between this, and presenting at Oracle World in September, I feel like I'm just waiting for the shoe to drop. Something is going to happen where everyone is going to know that I'm a fraud and that I don't deserve the accolades and the kudos. What is it for?  I don't know.

I just hope that all of you will be by my side when it does drop. Will you?  I know I don't deserve you, but I sure need you.

No comments: