Thursday, August 29, 2013

Off to Atlanta...


August 29th – “L” and I head to Atlanta GA to surprise her sister “P”.  P gave me my beloved kitty JazzyKat.  She fell in love and ran off with her man “M” over 10 years ago.  I had been promising for years to come see her, but hadn’t done it.  Her sister and I cooked up a scheme to surprise her.  So for the past 5+ months, I’d been keeping a low key on her FB page and her man’s page because I didn’t want to give anything up.  

When she began the countdown to her sisters impending arrival, I knew I had to comment, so I tried to keep it light saying I was jealous and what about if I came out at Christmas.  Blah blah blah.  So we have a slight layover and plane change in Denver (so close to my man…and yet so far) and arrive in Atlanta in the afternoon.  

We go up the escalator, and “L” says that “P” is usually waiting for her at the top.  We get to the top and look around and don’t spot her right away. We finally catch sight of her, but she runs straight to her sisters arms and her eyes are closed as she’s hugging her tight.  I walk around the two of them and her man “M” signals me over and gives me a big hug.  We wait for P to turn around.  

She’s wondering what’s up with her sister and think she’s mad about something. Her sister points to us and P turns around and looks…looks again (I think she’s wondering what skank has her arms around her man) and then realizes it’s me. The look was priceless!!!  She runs up and gives me this huge hug and wants to know what I’m doing there? How long have we cooked up this scheme? Who else knows?  It was too funny.

From there, the merriment commences! We take the hour plus drive to Warner Robbins and I finally get to check out their crib…which is totally cool!  M brings me out an Air Force hat and a ParaRescue hat (he knows I’m a military hat Ho) with a kiss on the cheek…How freaking lucky am I? We basically settle in and snack, yapp half the night and drink.  It was so fun!  I got to meet the two pups and the chickens. It’s awesome!








No comments: