Sunday, August 4, 2013

What a Weekend!!!

Where shall we start???

FRIDAY
   
     Well I heard from the Cowboy and he's making a permanent move to Colorado. I'm happy for him but a little apprehensive. Can't really tell you the reasons why, but I so want everything to work out for him. It really doesn't matter if we end up together or not.  If you care about someone, you always want the best for them.

The Beanster came over and I BBQ'd ribs and we had "Make your own Baked Potatoes"...her favorite things.  She says that Auntie is the best cook.  How can that not make your evening?  I knew we needed to be up early so we got ready for bed early.  She asked about Amanda Bynes, so we rented "What a Girl Wants" so she could see this actress in a better light than the boozer currently is in. We headed off to sleep...but Peeps, I gotta tell ya, sleeping with my niece is SO much worse than sleeping with a man! She is all over me!  Her head is tucked in my neck, her legs thrown over mine, her arm wrapped around my torso...and that's if I'm lucky!  If I'm not, she's twisted in the bed and her feet are firmly planted in my ribs.

SATURDAY

     We got up early and I made breakfast.  We headed to Walgreens so Auntie could pick up sunblock and make sure her Beanster didn't get burned.  Off we headed to Six Flags!  We hit a couple of roller coasters first then headed to the picnic area where my union was having the lunch.  Free, all you can eat hotdogs, hamburgers, watermelon, salad, soda, ice cream....yeah, My Beanie Baby was very happy!  We let it settle and headed for more coasters.  I LOVE having a coaster partner that loves all the rides!  She is her Auntie all over, except she's better looking, and a blue eyed strawberry blonde. That girl is gonna rock the world one day.  With a little luck, I'll still be here to witness it.

The lines were kind of long, so she wanted to head out an hour earlier (8 p.m.), and promptly fell asleep after putting on Justin Timberlake on the iPod. She woke up just as I got off the freeway for home. We stopped and had some salad and pizza, came home, hit the shower and went to bed.

SUNDAY

     So hard getting up.  Extremely tired, so was Beanie. I made her breakfast and her Mom picked her up between 9 and 9:30.  I had a date with a couple of good BFFs for the wine, bread and cheese fest at Clarksburg.  Before I left, I received a text from the Cowboy, and that pretty much set the mood for the rest of the day.  We texted for an hour. Then us Girlies went and had some fun.

We hit up Elevation Ten, where my buddy Bill was serving.  He always gives me some extra TLC when I'm there.  No worries, he's older and married..but if he were a bit younger and not...well..  Just a great guy.  We tried all the wines and headed out for something to eat as we were getting a little fluffy headed.

We also hit up Todd Taylor...God, those wines are the bomb!  They also served cheese there, so I got 4 different kinds of stuffed Brie...2 for $5.  Can't pass that up.  I got some spices for the bbq (I must keep up my reigning title as BBQ Queen of the universe!) and a couple of other things...NO WINE!  I bought too much the last time I was there.

On the way home, I was texting back and forth with the Cowboy.  After I got home, I headed to Costco to pick up the things I needed for the Watermelon Margaritas I'll be providing for the Trashie day tomorrow. While there, the Cowboy totally threw me off my game. He put his last name with my first name and said that it sounded good.  HOLY SHIT!  I've never dared to doodle his last name with mine...scary and I didn't want to jinx anything. But for him to do it. This is a guy that's told me that he's never really lost himself in love. I accused him of smoking crack because I was just thrown...rude and mean..I know.

But he said that he truly believes it's real. I was effing stunned.  Actually worse than that. If you would've been a customer in Costco and wheeling your cart toward me, you would've thought I was having a psychotic episode or something.  I was fighting for air and I had tears in my eyes, I was so completely overwhelmed by the whole thing.

I'm scared, I'm skeptical and I'm finding it hard to believe that someone feels that way about me. I just need to freaking relax and just ride this and not sweat the details right now. Dizzy is scared...and I just got a call G'nite from him.

I'm going to bed!  G'nite Peeps!

No comments: