Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Yippie Ki Yay

The Cowboy came to town....Hello!!!! It was so wonderful to just be. We played music, we danced, we exchanged presents.  I got the better end of the deal though. He gave me his Globe and Anchor lapel pins from his uniform! I Love Them!  Unfortunately the posts are too thick to wear as earrings, so I'm gonna have to think of another way to wear them...or modify them. Haven't decided yet.

After an impromptu dinner of ribs, we jumped in the shower and then headed to bed. We watched awesome videos..among other things....But I knew I had to go to sleep since I didn't sleep the night before, and I had to be up by 3 to take my mother to the airport. I would just drift off to sleep when another good video would be on.  He ended it with the Officer and a Gentleman finale, where Richard Gere sweeps Debra Winger off her feet and into the sunset..."Baby..wake up...watch this..." and I did.

Morning comes too soon and I headed to my Mother's.  OMG, the entire home smells of strong cigarette smoke.  I got sick.  I had to take her stuff out to the truck and wait her out cuz I was coughing and my nose was closing up. On the way to the airport, my mother again tells me that she's been starving herself and no one cares.  I was frustrated with that comment because I've told her time and again, that I can't force her to eat. I don't know what to do about it.  So I told her, "Mom, I do care, but since there's nothing I can do to help you except have you committed, what would you like me to do?"  She didn't like that response too much, but I'm at my wits end with her. Looks like I'll be picking her up from the airport at midnight when she finally gets in.  Of course I work the next day....wonder how that's going to go over.  UGH!

I got home to a sleeping cowboy and slid into bed. Later that morning we realize that his destination is an 18 hour drive away and he has to leave.  I was NOT a happy camper.  I only get 14 hours of him and 2 of those hours went to my mother???  He promised to fly out next week and spend a long weekend with me, so I calmed down.

Now that he's gone, I'm left with my thoughts and they're mainly consumed by thoughts of him. I don't know where this is going, but I do know that he's going to Cabo with me and I'm very excited about that. There's just something about him.  I wish I could put my finger on it, but when I'm with him, I feel like I'm the best of myself that I can be.  I'm comfortable, I don't care about what he sees, I can just be me and he'll either take it or he won't. And I think he feels the same way. So we'll just have to see.

In the meantime, Dizzy hopes the Euphoria she feels doesn't wear off too soon...much like her favorite perfume.

No comments: