Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Frustrated...

My Niece (whom I fondly refer to as the Beanster) is having a rough time at home.  She continues to send me texts asking me to adopt her like I did her brother.  She doesn't understand the circumstances which allowed me to have custody of her brother, nor does she understand that her brother was an adult and able to choose, when I adopted him.

The Beanster asked me to forge her mother's signature and just take her. I explained that I would end up in jail and wouldn't be able to help her. She asked me if I would ask her Mom, but I couldn't tell her of past conversations with her mother screaming at me that I'd never have custody of her daughter.  The bottom line is my sister has never been a mother to a child over the age of 6. My Niece turns 11 in a couple of weeks.  I'm sure she's a handful, and with someone who's self-absorbed and does not possess any patience whatsoever, like my sister, well....Beanie is having a tough time.

I'm wracking my brains trying to figure out a solution without letting my sister know that her daughter is texting me.  If she ever found out, things would not be good for my niece because she'd be deprived of an outlet, a way to vent about her mother.  If anyone has any suggestions, I'd welcome them.

Today was a great day as far as Project Management goes.  I attended a summit and it was awesome. Really liked the fact that the sessions were conducted by top private companies with hands on experience. I didn't feel talked down to, or that anything was being sold to me.  I was able to network with a bunch of different State Agency PMs and vendors.  All and all a really good day.

On the Man front, didn't get to dialog with him as much as I would've liked, but what we did say/text to each other was quality. I fear I'm losing my head over the Cowboy. Ok, I have lost my head over the Cowboy, but you know what? I'm ok with that. I'm enjoying the sensation of feeling treasured...and I like it. I'm really hoping I can see him for my birthday.  That's my birthday wish (well along with making sure my niece is squared away).  But if it doesn't happen, I know we'll be together in Cabo.  Yeah, I know that I'm the one messing around in a long distance relationship (he's in Denver), but for now, it suits me, and who knows what the future will bring. I'm happy. I like it. Nuff said.

G'nite Peeps!

No comments: