Monday, August 19, 2013

Did He Just.....

Tell me he loved me?   You be the judge...here's the quote. "Forest said it best... 'Of course I love you Jenny...You're my girl!!!' Sub Jenny for Diz!"

I didn't catch it when I received it.  I was distracted by the Shower Guy...Yeah, I had my shower measured...AGAIN.  It didn't really dawn on me...even after he asked if I liked the quote, until I was driving to dinner with friends.  Yeah, I replay our conversations and texts in my head. I admit it. So the tape was rewinding and it suddenly hit me.  Wait a sec.... I think he just told me he loves me!!!

It's not the middle of the night, there's no alcohol involved, there's no birthday epiphany....really?  Dizzy is not really sure how to take it. The analytical side wants to tear this down and dissect it. But you know what?  Dizzy isn't letting the analytical side win tonight. Because this is not the lesson I've learned from him.  As difficult as it is for me, I'm not gonna analyze it anymore than I already have.  I'm just going to let this be. I'm going to soak in the moment and savor it and not worry about tomorrow or the next day.  For the here and now..DIZZY IS JENNY..Damn It!

You know, I've pretty much planned out as much as my life as possible. It doesn't work! It's exhausting.  This past year I've worked on not faking my smile.  I'm smiling because I'm happy or I'm not smiling at all!  And right now...

I'm smiling.

No comments: