Friday, August 30, 2013

Savannah


August 30th – We drive to Savannah. M & P have rented a room with a loft at the Old Harbour Inn, which is right on the river and the riverfront road.  How awesome is that???  The view from the room is incredible and nice and cool.  Yes, it’s humid in Georgia this time of year, but I’m able to handle it so much better now that I’m over 100 lbs lighter.  It freaking makes all the difference in the world!  

L carted two birthday bags for P and Me (Our birthday is on the same day).  Inside are a bunch of goodies…homemade glow-in-the-dark crowns, a kitchen timer, a nail file, some funny quotes on napkins, etc.  It was really cool and thoughtful.  We then set out to see the waterfront.

We’re headed to a place called Wet Willies, which is the Adult Slushie capital of the world. Any slushie flavor you can think of is here…with alcohol in it!!! YUM!  We are having such a good time laughing and slurping…does it get much better?  With a slight buzz, we take off and look at some of the historical stuff, hit up few shops and I end up buying 3 military ornaments for my tree (one for each of the military guys in my life).  We hit up this one place and L comes over and hands me two dice and says…this is perfect for you and your man.  It was naughty and perfect! I bought them and they were half off!  We then head up the road and cop a squat at M’s favorite watering hole. Our intent was to people watch at a roadside table for a little bit, and then go to a nice dinner.  Yeah, like that was gonna happen.  We started drinking and it was ON! 

I managed to attract the one strange older guy that patrols the waterfront.  He had on shorts that were practically Richard Simmons short, and shaved, smooth tanned legs. He was so proud of his legs.  He tells me he’s headed to San Diego to attract the ladies, and I had to warn him that those shorts would not only attract the ladies, but the men that “swing” his way.  He wasn’t too happy to hear that, but he was good-natured about it, and my delivery was kind.  I think he was infatuated with my smile…not sure though. He must’ve come by our table about 4 times.

We also met up with one of M’s military buddies and his wife.  We had ourselves a hell of a time!  We ended up closing that place down and making a run through the local candy store.  Since M insisted on covering the bill for our accommodations and our drinks (crazy loveable man), I bought the taffy for him.  We ended up at our place, but I didn’t realize how wasted everyone was until then.   We got a phone call from the reservation desk saying that we were a little loud (actually the walls are a little thin).   I hate getting into bed sweaty.  If the sheets are sticking to my legs, I just can’t sleep.  So I head to the shower and get rinsed off and my jammies on.  When I come out…everyone is in bed and sawing logs.  So I went out on the balcony and watched the river.  Absolutely beautiful!  I go back in and head to bed.










No comments: