Thursday, November 7, 2013

Closing the Door


So the evening with the Ex went ok. I actually feel really good about the fact that he knows that I’ve moved on with my life. We also discussed it a little bit this morning. I told him about the Cowboy’s visit and my Niece’s birthday, and how my sister acted, etc.  He took it really well.  It was conversational.  Not sure if it all sunk in for him, but he’s got time to mull it all over. 

I had told him from jump that the only way I’d ever consider getting back together with him is if he was sober for at least 4 years and that I was not waiting for him. He’s still drinking, but I think he would wonder if maybe there was a chance.  I think I answered that for him. We’ll always be friends and we’ll always love each other (we do have a Son, and we need to be united for him), but I’m not in love with him and I can’t go back.  I really do want him to be happy and find someone else, and most of all, I’d like him to be healthy and alcohol free.  He is a good man.

So I called the douche back and this guy is really clueless. He basically said that he’s always had a thing for me (again…where was he when I was fat?), and he thought that was obvious. I said that I have a boyfriend and that means that I’m off limits to him and that telling a girl that’s interested in you that you’re interested in her friend isn’t cool.  So then he basically says that he thought we were all friends.  Well, with that logic, you wouldn’t hit on your friend when you knew they were with someone else…friends don’t do that. Friends can hit on their single friends, but not the taken ones. 

He said that he wasn’t aware that this was a matchmaking session and that he basically talks to us like we’re one of the guys…which was why he said some of the things he did.  I get that maybe he was talking to my friend that way and treating her like one of the guys, but he wasn’t doing that with me.  So “S” and I agreed that we’re not doing anymore dinners with guys.  It’s strictly a “Girls nite”.

Anyway, “S” and I are over it.  We’re planning on Thanksgiving dinner and what we’re going to cook.  She agrees with me to open the house to people who might not have family or a place to go for dinner.  I’m doing the turkey, potatoes, gravy and cranberry sauce. She’s doing green bean casserole and stuffing. Although I’m thinking I’m missing something on the menu. I’m sure it’ll come to me.

No comments: