Monday, November 25, 2013

Confusing??? Me????

I seem to be confusing my guy a lot. I'm not generally the confusing type...at least I don't think so, but I'm well aware how us women can be.  High maintenance women don't necessarily think of themselves that way. Right?

I think our confusion first started when I was in Cabo.  Our conversations were so confusing...on both of our parts.  He was literally scratching his head every day wondering what the hell I was saying.  And I couldn't make out the Greek he was speaking.  I attribute this to many things.  We both were not getting the vacation we envisioned, he had suffered a couple of major personal blows, and I'm well aware that my friend Tequila wasn't far from me (never is when I'm in Mexico) during many of our texts.

After I got back, I think some of the confusion was cleared up, but it took us a good 2 weeks to get back to our usual sync. However, since we both recognized the need to hear each other's voice, we stepped up our voice calls and that has helped immensely!

Now some of our conversations happen when I'm at work (he serenades me), and since I'm in mixed company, some of the things I say has to be finished when I get home.  I know that this confuses him, because he's getting half a conversation.  I'll tell him that I'm not in a position to finish the conversation, but that confuses him some more.  Part of the problem is that a lot of the time, my co-workers are not around, so I can dive into some of our conversations.  Other times, they'll be there and I can't go into depth.

I confused him again today because I need to ask a "man" question, but I couldn't tell him why.  I can't tell you either, so...  But who else am I gonna ask the man question...my brother? Well, I could ask him and he'd be ok with that. After all, we're only 14 months apart, so we're tight like that. But to call up out of the blue.  I didn't think about calling R...he would've answered the question. But I trust my guy, so I asked. But since it's such an unusual question, he was thrown for a loop.

He says "I'm off the wall" and I said that "At least you're not bored". His reply was that "he's confused a lot though".  Again, not my intention to confuse him. Is that the nature of the man/woman relationship? Is there always an element of confusion?

I was going to write that when we met there was no confusion, but thinking about it, I'd have to say there was...again, on my part.  The first night we were together, we did not have sex. I wanted to see if he'd respect my wishes and wanted to find out the measure of the man I was with.  I know I confused the crap out of him with that move, but he took it in stride.

I know I confused him again when I said I wasn't taking his contact information with me and that if he was interested he could contact me, if it was just a booty call, don't bother. That had to be a major confusing issue.  I mean, what girl would actually do that?  We always try to stack the deck in our favor.

Now that I really think about it...I must be one huge element of confusion for this man. After all, I don't react the usual way most women would. I don't necessarily discuss the issues most women would, I tackle jobs and projects most women wouldn't touch. I was talking to him about taking apart my tub and putting in the new control panel and he asked why I wouldn't just wait for him to do it.  Well, why would I? It needs to be done.  He asked if I had experience with that stuff and I don't. But then again, I didn't have any experience in home renovation, and look at me now!

Yeah, damn it!!!  He's right!!! Shhh...don't tell him I said that!  I am confusing. Seeing it through someone else's eyes makes it quite obvious.  Well...at least I'm not high maintenance!!!

No comments: