Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sunday Brunch


Sunday Brunch turned out fabulous! C brought her rice with black beans and corn…the absolute BOMB! W brought her Cranberry/Pear crumble with vanilla ice cream, and D brought her salad with dressing and croutons and the awesome guac dip with chips. I mixed us up one (ok three) righteous batch of pineapple margaritas, and away we went!  We were laughing so hard and having a great time. 

I fired up the grill before I got too tipsy and put the chicken on.  Turned out awesome…everyone had seconds.  I ate thirds on the rice… and then it was freaking ON!  We cracked open the “Cards Against Humanity” game and went to town.  I was a little worried, cuz W is staunch Christian, and these cards are anything but!  No worries, she was game, and we had some great laughs!  C won the first round (which was a long one).  The second round, it was as if every card I held was meant to win.  I just kept slapping them down, and they kept getting picked.  Needless to say, it was a quick round and I was the winner.  I just wish it could’ve been with some of the tougher customers I’ve played with. Ah well.

We tucked into dessert and shared laughs over the “My Talking Pet” app.  OMG, if you haven’t used it…you are missing out on a cheap 99 cent rollercoaster of laughter.  If you have an iPhone…get it!  We ended the evening on a high and everyone headed home.  I didn’t have to drive, which was awesome. 

It’s so nice to have a place where my friends can come and hang out, close enough for them to drive to, and just be.  When I lived in the foothills, it was difficult for friends to make the long drive, so most of the time, I went to their place, since I was already in town for work.  Not only that, but home dynamics made it hard sometimes for people to be over also. Now I’ve gotten pretty laid back, I keep my house relatively neat and if someone stops by…well, that is totally cool with me.

After everyone left, I fired up the BBQ to cook the rest of the chicken for the workweek.  Unfortunately, for some reason the skin on the chicken was fattier than the first round.  I headed off to the restroom and when I came back out, my patio was filled with smoke and there was a fire inside my precious BBQ.  No worries.  I shut that baby down toot-sweet, and pulled the chicken off.  Needless to say, I knew what I’d be doing on Veterans Day…breaking down my BBQ and cleaning it.  Ah well.

No comments: