Saturday, November 2, 2013

Smoked Ribs

So tonight, I had my guy buddy R, and my girlie S over for dinner.  R smoked some ribs and chicken and S made a beautiful fruit salad and brought over some french bread.  I provided the appetizers, and two pasta salads, along with wine and alcohol, for our feast.

Man, we laughed so hard.  R introduced us to an app called My Talking Pet, which you can use on pictures of people and make them talk.  OMG, I was rolling and my stomach was hurting watching these home made videos from this app.  For 99 cents, it's a bargain!

I also got a call from my Niece's father during this eat fest.  Kinda strange, but he butt-called me at 2 a.m....twice, the night before, so he was just apologizing.  We talked about my niece and he really would like to see her soon.  I hope it happens.

I came back out to join the fun and we ended up watching two movies together.  Dredd, with Karl Urban (God, he's hot) and World War Z, with Brad Pitt (I can take him or leave him...I was always a  "Team Jen" girl). Afterward, my girlie S left and R stuck around for a little while.  When he left, he gave me a really long hug...which let me know that he'll never be into my buddy, and definitely has designs on me...even though he knows about my guy.  He's also re-applying back at my work, so even if I didn't have a guy, he'd be off my list because he's contaminating my work pond.

Why do friendships have to be so difficult?  I've known R for years...so why the sudden interest in me? When you make it clear that you're not available...why do they suddenly think that will change? I think my message was pretty damn clear and I wasn't wearing anything revealing or sexy. Why can't guys and girls be friends without the sex part getting involved?  A conundrum for another day...

No comments: