Thursday, November 14, 2013

Don't Tread On Me!!!


So at work, we have an annual Security review that we have to read and agree to.  Last year, they quoted the Penal Code about guns and I went to my management and informed them that under the penal code they quoted, I’m still allowed to carry my weapon due to my CCW.

Guess what?  They’ve now changed the rules and have stated that I’m not allowed to carry a weapon on the premises, including the parking lot, even if it’s secured under the rules of the Penal code statutes. And that this is a condition of employment. 

Naturally, I’m not agreeing with this, and am looking into legal representation and possibly contacting the NRA legal department to see what my recourse is.  My argument is that if I abide by these rules, then I should be able to hold the Department liable if anything happens to me on the way to work and on my way home from work if it could’ve been prevented by use of my gun.  Because they don’t allow me to transport it, they are taking away my right to defend myself.  I just don’t agree to that.

I am sick to death of my Government deciding everything for me and taking away my rights…one by one and me not being able to do anything about it.  Now I’m in a position to stop my Department from changing the rules and eliminating my right to defend myself and I need to make a stand.  This goes much deeper than the gun… This is my freedom, my earned right. I just can't take any more!!!

No comments: