Friday, November 22, 2013

What a Night....

This seems to be my night for Marines! I've heard from three tonight. One of them was clearly angling for an invitation to mi Casa.  Had to shut him down.

Remember the work Marine going through the divorce? Well, it seems she moved out today and the house was too quiet tonight.  He wanted a shoulder to cry on.  I don't mind being his friend, but I know he wants more, and I'm not the girl.  Somewhere in the conversation I said "It sounds like a night for tequila".  He said "Yes it does...I keep my tequila at your house." WHAT???  I asked "Don't you have tequila at your house? He replied No. Can I come over?

I said "It's 8:45, I think it's a little late for that". He said, Oh yeah, I guess...for a Friday night....  I'm not a dumb bunny, I know what you're implying and there's no way someone as vulnerable as you is coming over, and drinking tequila!!  This would turn into something extremely ugly and friendships could be lost.

I can be pretty blunt, but I know that he's in a bad place right now, so being rude would be devastating to him. That is not my intention, but I also feel like it's pretty presumptuous because I don't know where his head is.

I seem to be leaving myself open these days, and I really just need to shut the door.  I need to be a bit more vocal and just tell people how I feel...tactfully.  It's funny because a friend told me that this afternoon.  She said, "I know you to be to the point so why didn't you just tell #### how you felt?" And she's right.  I've been holding back and I need to be honest and tell people how I feel.  I mean, they've told me, right?

I'm suddenly tired and I think I've had enough for the day. G'nite peeps.

No comments: