Monday, November 4, 2013

Uh Oh....

Today I was serenaded by my guy singing the Cubicle Song...What's the Cubicle Song you ask?  Well, he makes up lyrics about me having "fun" in my cubicle at work.  It's so effing hilarious! Today's lyrics consisted of me not being able to have fun in the cafeteria and and sniffing great smelling guys in my cubicle.... My smile was pretty much fixed until lunch time.

I had a conversation with my girlie "S" (she made the awesome fruit salad Saturday night) and she was not happy about our night. She said that she felt like the 3rd wheel because "R" made her feel that way.  I guess when I took the call from the Beanster's Dad, they went outside and R hounded her with questions about my relationship with my guy. REALLY? She felt awkward and out of place and he apparently made it really clear that he isn't interested in her at all.

Totally Classless...and I feel really bad.  I apologized to her, but she assured me that it wasn't me at all, he was the one making certain comments, etc.  I know S has had a thing for R for a long time, so this whole thing had to really hurt her, and I feel like crap about it.

What I really feel bad about is that I didn't pick up on his classless crap.  What is wrong with my radar?  Do I automatically assume the best of people? He knows I have my guy, and he knows I don't mess with guys I work with, so WTF?

Worse, I hate how my friend feels. I love her too much to put her through that kind of stuff.  And I know how it feels to be that 3rd wheel...even if it is unintentional. Why couldn't he just ask me about my relationship? Why did he have to make her feel "less than"? What's with the snide comments that she picked up on? And why didn't I pick up on them?

Needless to say, our dinners are over.  S and I are going to convert to Girlie Nights.  We don't need this kind of crap from guys who are supposed to be our friends, trying to get somewhere that is off-limits to them!

I think I'm gonna call my guy and have him sing me another episode of the Cubicle Song...it'll make me feel better.

No comments: