Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was fun. S and I divided up the dinner and Work J (WJ) came over. We all drank what S calls “Mommie Juice”, which is my concoction of Dragonfruit Mango juice, orange juice, pineapple juice, whipped cream vodka and cointreau.   I swear, you don’t taste any alcohol and it tastes like candy going down.  After a couple of those, we broke out dinner!

I made gravy with the drippings and beer…yum and we went for it!  It was such a nice evening that we sat out on the patio and just conversed…between the grunts as we rooted around in our plates.  Oh Yeah Baby…We’re goin’ Down!  WJ brought a couple of bottles of wine, but we never got to it, so he left it for me (lucky Dizzy!).  After about 3 hours, WJ left and S and I rented Star Trek – Into Darkness and watched our movie.  It was a good evening.

My only issue was with WJ. Yeah, I get he’s going through a divorce and everything, but this guy needs to suck it up and grow a pair.  He kept thanking me over and over, and I finally had to be blunt and tell him…”enough with the thank you’s already!”  Of course, he started up the next day, and over the weekend.  Really?  I had to tell him again “Hey WJ, enough with the thank yous…you left me two bottles of wine. We’re totally cool”.

And he’s constantly apologizing. He apologizes after he vents about the wife, after venting about work, after venting about his application for state employment.  Really???  Everyone needs a friend to vent with WJ, but enough with the “I’m sorry’s”.  Ah well.  I know this is a bad time for him, so I guess we’ll have to leave it at that.


No comments: