Sunday, November 24, 2013

Drama

Does the drama never stop?

Drama #1 - So my sister asked if the Beanster could come and stay Friday to Sunday on Thanksgiving Weekend and I jumped at the chance.  Today, she asks if Beanie could come on Thanksgiving. When I inform her that I already made plans for Thanksgiving, she replied "I thought you were coming here?" and I replied "You didn't invite me". She said she did on the Beanster's birthday.  I confirmed with my guy that she didn't, but that's beside the point.

I already learned an important lesson on introducing strangers to my Niece.  I'm thinking twice on who I introduce her to in the future.  Since S and I are opening my home to anyone with no Thanksgiving plans, I don't think it's the right atmosphere to have her in. Why does my sister do this crap at the last minute?

Drama #2 - The Ex-Husband called on Friday and asked for a favor.  Seems he needs to do some stuff online and since he's Internet illiterate and trusts my security for my computers, he's asked if he can come over and have me help him file this paperwork online.  I said I would and we agreed on Sunday afternoon. However, since I didn't hear from him, I went grocery shopping, etc.

He calls at 4:15 p.m. and tries to make arrangements for Monday or Tuesday, but I'm in jury duty and I have plans for Monday night. So he'd still be coming over around 5:30 or 6 p.m. no matter what.  I'm frustrated because I had hoped to complete this crap earlier.  He apologized, but I had throw in that since we are talking about him...it's to be expected.  He is the worlds worst procrastinator!!  He is late to every significant occasion in his life. The ONLY reason he wasn't late to our wedding is because we stayed the night before at the venue.  Otherwise, he'd have been late for sure.

I do try to avoid drama, but come on people...it's Sunday for Christ's sake!!!

I'm in the process of making a cajun brine for the turkey. It's my first brine, so I'm trying to make sure it's good.  Lots of salt and spices, garlic, cayenne pepper and paprika.  We'll see how it turns out.



No comments: