Friday, November 15, 2013

Where Are You?

Today, I got the gray taken from my hair from my hair guru! We always have a hell of a singsong when we're together and chat about our vacations, our men, our friends.  Just a great time.

Afterward, I headed over to my Girlie "D's" house and we chatted for about 4 hours. It was a great time.  I received a text from my guy with a bunch of question marks. I let him know that I was there, and he made a comment about texting 5 hours ago and that I hadn't answered back.

1.  I didn't realize he was keeping tabs on how long it took me to answer back, and
2.  I worry about over-texting.

Yes, we talk on the phone just about every day, and we text every day. But I don't want to be one of those chicks that are texting their guy every second of the day. I do not want to ever be one of those clingy chicks that can't let their guy take a leak without holding his dick for him.

Don't get me wrong...if I had a choice, I'd love to be texting and talking (and doing other things with him) all day long..sometimes.  But I do have an independent streak that doesn't want to be hemmed in by someone demanding my attention every second of the day.  That's what I do love about this man.  He knows I'm part guy, and I have an independent streak and he's ok with it. Yeah, sometimes he busts my chops about it..and I do the same to him...but, I do believe that he enjoys the fact that he doesn't have to babysit me every second of the day.  And I'm not constantly texting or calling and asking him what he's doing and who he's with.

For me, it comes with age and maturity (although I've always been somewhat like that, and had my share of breakups over the fact that I didn't "care" enough because I was independent). And for him, I think he's young enough to consider it a breath of fresh air that some woman isn't hounding him every second of the day. I recognize that he's where he is for a reason and he has work to do.

Yeah, I could obsess over the fact that we're miles apart and maybe there's a half a dozen women he could be doing and maybe he's living with some chick and stringing me along.  However, I don't. I'm confident that I'm the one, and the moment that I'm not the one, he'll tell me...before he screws the half dozen chicks that are waiting in the wings.

It goes both ways people. He could be obsessing over the same thing.  I know that I'm still somewhat attractive because some guy in his truck this morning not only was mooning over me...but kept his truck keeping pace with mine so he could smile and wave.  Ok Big Boy...you get a million-watt smile and a wave goodbye...but that's it! It all boils down to trust.

But you know what?  I felt so good that he was keeping track and wondering where I was.  That tells me all I need to know!

No comments: