Monday, November 18, 2013

Jury Duty

So I went downtown and reported for Jury Duty.  I have never been this far.  Usually, I just call and my number gets excused. This is the first time I've actually gone in and been questioned for an actual jury.

Can't say what its about or anything, but its amazing the questions they ask you. Never realized how in-depth they go and the general things they cover. Also didn't realize all the different people that show up. If you're a people watcher, this is the place to view.  We come from all walks of life to do our civic duty and converge upon the courthouse. Brown panel walls, sheriff deputies, lawyers, a court reporter and a judge.

Although it's not CSI or any of those shows, there's still a decorum that's upheld and everyone is silent when they're seated. I'm looking forward to the rest of the process.

I hear lunch is a couple of hours long, so I'll be bringing my shoes so I can exercise.  I gotta get ready for next month and for Tough Mudder, and it waits for no jury.

No comments: