Friday, November 1, 2013

Girlie Time

So today, I got my crown fixed, had the fireplace guy over (he showed me how to dismantle the fireplace and do the yearly maintenance myself), and generally took care of business.

My Girlie C came over and we had a hell of a singsong. We drank wine, we bitched about our men, we talked about our kids, I made her some dinner (Gnochi with gorgonzola, mushrooms and onions) and we just generally had a great time.  The evening lasted until around 1 when we started snoozing on the sofa while watching "Highlander" (there can be only one).

I love my girlie.  She made me crab Mac and Cheese when she picked me up from the airport from the Cabo Trip.  As she put it "I figured you didn't have anything in the fridge and you might be hungry".  She's the bomb, and it was awesome.

I'm so blessed to have some great friends in my life.  I know that when the shit hits the fan, these peeps are always there for me.  It's such a comfort. After my divorce, I was really lost, but these people.."C" included, were always there, always had a kind word, and just let me cry on their shoulders when I needed to.

It was a good evening.

No comments: