Saturday, November 16, 2013

Saturday with Todd & T

Today was wine pickup day and I asked my BFF T to go with me.  We had so much fun together.  She had vowed not to buy wine (as did I), but we did end up buying some Chard and some fresh pasta.

We headed to Clarksburg to the Old Sugar Mill. If you've never been, the Mill houses about 10 different wineries in one huge building.  We started with DuVigne and had some crisp chard with a slight oak finish.  That's the wine we ended up buying. With a half case being 50% off, we really couldn't pass it up, so we shared.  Their late harvest Chardonnay (a sweet dessert wine) was really excellent, so T bought a bottle of that. Plus some really good cheese spreads.

Afterward, we headed to Todd Taylor and ate some really great ravioli with a meat sauce..yum!  Pasta really is my downfall. I just love it, but OMG, it's the one thing that always packs on the pounds for me.  I have to be careful, especially with the Tough Mudder training.  We sipped some Todd wines and then headed over to Elevation 10.

I picked up my wine shipment there and had fun chatting with one of my favorite wine guys.  He's in his 60's and married, but he is so much fun. I'm always a sucker for a man that can make me laugh.  He remembered that I was with a Marine and asked how he was.  How sweet!  After collecting the wine and picking up the other shipment from Todd, we headed out and stopped at T's crib to drop off her stuff and pick up some other things.

We dropped by her friends house (the ones I went to the Russian River area with) and chatted for awhile.  They are a really cool couple and I enjoyed the visit. We headed home and I was good to go.

Tonight is another evening at home.  Some people find it hard to believe that I'm not out every evening or at least every weekend evening.  My social life comes and goes in spurts. Because I have my love interest out of town, it's not like I'm actively looking for some guy to spend time with or anything. My buddies like to have fun, but they also have their own lives and they're married. So they're not going out every nite either.

I actually don't mind being at home. I like it.  I've pretty much completed the renovations (on the inside at least) and it feels comfortable. It feels like it's finally mine and I truly am HOME.  I do miss my JazzyKat and there are times I wish my kitty was around to cuddle with.  She was alway in sync with me, knew my moods and was just there.  I'll admit that sometimes the home is a tad to quiet without my kitty, but....

All and all...it's a pretty good Saturday.

No comments: