Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Musings

So today was the final jury selection, and it seems that I made the final cut...my first jury.  I made a friend that got eliminated so I'm kinda sorry about that.  He made the whole process interesting and funny and filled in the blanks that I wasn't sure about.  A really good guy.

I also have to remember to bring proof of the jury duty in to work.  I'm one of the lucky few that gets a full paycheck for jury duty..as long as I forfeit the $15 per day the court pays.  I couldn't have asked for better timing since I've wrapped up the last project, completed the two presentation and am getting ready to start the next project. Hopefully it'll wrap up by Thanksgiving and away we go.

I also talked to Wells Fargo, and they're sending me the proof I need to argue the Notice of Proposed Assessment I received from the IRS for 2011.  Should receive it in a week to 10 days. It's important for me to get this cleared up because it's also a condition of my employment.  What a pain!  God knows what else I'm gonna end up spending in taxes for the 2013 year.

My guy and I seem to be on track again. It was a little bumpy, but we learned some key elements about each other, and that's good.  He learned that I have a temper and it's best not to fuck with it. I learned that his temper equals mine..and it's best not to fuck with it. I learned that arguing via text sucks and promised to never do it again. We both learned the value of hearing each other's voice, so we talk at least once a day, if not more.  We're both building up anticipation for next month, and we have plans! I just want to see my guy for Christmas, and with a little luck...it'll happen.  If it doesn't there's two good reasons for it...and I'm ok with that.

I think we both know what our shortcomings are and we're comfortable with what we know and we're dealing with it.  He's very blunt about things and he's pretty black and white. In the meantime, I'm laughing and having a good time.

Now, if I could only get my training for Tough Mudder to the next level...I'd be a happy camper. I really need to kick this into gear. Not doing so hot on my pushups and pull-ups and I really need that for the barriers and walls.

Ok....gonna wrap up the evening and head to bed. Got a big day tomorrow and I really need to concentrate! G'nite peeps!

No comments: