Sunday, April 14, 2013

Beautiful Day

So this morning I requisitioned supplies for the house...you know, toilet paper, paper towels, olive oil, pistachio's etc.  And I worked on my taxes...which I still have to finish tonight...UGH!  But I got home and was putting the supplies away and got a text from my Girlie....Day Drinking Time!!!

My Girlie KW has a pool and said that she'd been sunbathing, which I knew meant that I'd need to put my ass in a bikini...If you can't do it with family...who can you do it with? So I packed it up and headed over.  RJ was there and we proceeded to down shots.  Oh Yeah Baby....TEQUILA DOWN!

I think I ended up with 6 shots in my belly.  Yum.  I really don't like the fact that I can down copious amounts of tequila and still function. That is a statistic that doesn't make me proud. If I swear off of the stuff for a year, I think I could get my limit down.  But I did just fine with the shots I had and headed outside for a tan.

Today was one of those days where you're thankful to be alive. The sun is shining, the temp is perfect.  I couldn't understand why people were not smiling in Costco.  They were grumpy and their mouths were turned down, and here I had a shit-eating grin on my face and I was pissing everyone off.  Not my intention, but as far as I'm concerned...they can just suck it!

So I reclined in the lounge chair and soaked up the rays.  It was totally awesome!  We listened to some Collective Soul on the stereo and chillaxed!

I headed home to BBQ. I had picked up this awesome fillet of Salmon.  If you know me, you know my favorite fish is salmon...raw or cooked, it just doesn't matter to me.  So I fired up the BBQ and seasoned up my fish.  My neighbors C and M dropped by to check out the latest improvements to the crib, then headed out, and I put the fish on the grill.  I seasoned it with smoked paprika,  pepper and a little porterhouse seasoning. As you can see from the pics, the fillet was more than necessary for one person, but when you're buying from Costco....

 I think it's important for a person to do some cooking for themselves.  I save my cooking for the weekends.  During the week, I make my rendition of egg drop soup for dinner.  What's the point?  I don't like to go all out, I eat light so I can sleep better and there's no one here to enjoy it with me, so I keep it simple.  During the weekends, I like to really do it right, even if it is for one person. But I can't deny that enjoying the salmon by myself isn't what I would choose for myself.

I just pulled the salmon off the grill, and I'm going to crack open a nice bottle of wine and enjoy a glass with it.  I have Kenny Chesney playing in the background and the citronella candles lit on the patio.  It is a prime evening. I can tell I'll be eating salmon salad all week, but oh well.  At least it's healthy.

Tomorrow is another day Peeps.  I hope this blog finds you all well, happy and loved. Until tomorrow...TAX DAY!



No comments: