Wednesday, April 3, 2013

How Strong Is Your Will?


“THE STRENGTH OF THE CONSTITUTION LIES IN THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE TO DEFEND IT.”  -  Thomas Edison

I know I’ve been writing about froufrou stuff, but when this quote came up, it gave me food for thought.  I think the majority of you will agree that at this point in our history our Constitution is losing its strength. The will of the people is not strong. People are not willing to sacrifice to defend our constitution and it shows.  Please note…when I use the term people, I’m speaking in general terms. The majority of the people I hang with would willingly lay it down for this Country, Constitution and way of life. So would the members of our armed forces. Sadly, we’re outnumbered.

We live in a society of instant gratification. People assume they’re “owed” a certain way of life, and if they’re unwilling to work for it, their Government should provide it.  What their limited brains fail to realize is that the Government never provides anything.  It is the people who support the Government, the taxpayers that provide the way of life, not the Government. 

Our Society is willing to sell its soul for crap…for another minute of the “Kardashians” and reality TV.  They want their movie stars to tell them what to do and who to worship.  This is why Obama tries so hard to be a “Star”. If he’s hangs with movie stars and appears on late night TV…never mind that he demeans the office of the Presidency when he does these thingswhen he vacations and plays golf, but doesn’t attend Homeland security meetings, he’s appealing to the lowest denominator of intelligence that seems to be over taking this Country and most importantly OVER TAKING THE VOTE!

We already know that we’re living in a Republic, not a Democracy. You know this when the majority of California Counties is conservative, except for the cities like San Francisco and Los Angeles and they control the vote, which is why California is so liberal. Our Country is predominantly conservative.  But it’s the enclaves of the cities that rule the liberal vote. Our cities are filled with people who live off of public assistance and they want to be taken care of. They want the “free cell phones” and Obama to pay their rent (i.e. you and me). What would happen to their sorry little lives if we decided to stop working? Personally, I’m shopping for an island to call my own…anyone with me?

Not only that, but they want the Government to make all the decisions for them…as if it’s too taxing to their mental capacity to be decisive and go for it. They want the government to babysit them, and tell them all the rules, and make laws so that no one gets hurt. Really People??? Why can’t you accept blame for putting your hand where it doesn’t belong and the lion bites it off?  Why do you have to have a law and signs warning you that putting your hand into the lion’s den may cause loss of limb? Correct me if I’m wrong, but the law of the jungle says the strongest survive. Right now, we’re padding the world so the weakest links of the genetic pool survives and drags everyone else down with it.  And right now…the village idiots are taking over the world!

But here’s the question I want to pose to you my friends…. How strong is your will to defend our Constitution?  What are you willing to sacrifice to defend it?  I already know that some of you have sacrificed major chunks of your lives, your family’s lives and friends defending our Constitution through military service, and for that I can never repay my indebtedness to you.  What I have been doing and what I will continue to do to honor your sacrifice is to impose my will where I can to defend my Constitution.  I will not be silent (although some of you are praying that I would be on FaceBook), and continue to raise awareness where I see our freedom being impinged upon. I will continue to use my blog to speak out about the injustices I see.  I will continue to write and call my congressmen and women and senators/assemblymen and women to make my voice heard. I’m willing to put it all on the line, including my life, so my son will live in freedom.  Because really, that’s what it’s all about, right? Keeping our Country free for our children and their progeny is really the greatest inheritance we can possibly give them.
____________________________________________
Ok, Dizzy can breathe now. Let’s have a fun topic. What are your thoughts on the HK45 Compact Tactical? It’s supposed to be the civilian version of the M24 handgun. An H&K proprietary mechanical recoil reduction system supposedly reduces the recoil forces effecting the gun and shooter by as much as 30%.  Does anyone know?  I’d be interested in trying that one out at the range.  Oh, that topic doesn’t interest you?  What do you want to discuss…sex, drugs and rock and roll?

I was with a friend this weekend and he lights up.  I have to say, I was kind of put off by that. Don’t get me wrong, he was perfectly within his right to do so as he wasn’t at my home.  I’m just not a pot smoker.  Actually, I’m pretty much a “Pollyanna” when it comes to recreational drugs.  I did extremely light experimentation in my 20’s, but that was never my Achilles heel.  My family was so much into the drug genre that I went completely opposite and used food as my addiction (and paid a heavy price for it).

I guess that maybe I should just compare it to wine, tequila and Fireball….my soothing mechanisms of choice. I don’t know why it threw me off when he did it, but it did.  I don’t mind the light smell of pot, but the heavy cloying smell that sticks to your clothes always gets to me.
__________________________________________

I forgot to blog about this last night.  When Kenny Chesney came up in the conversation with “Amy” the “Red Head”, we started a little debate on whether or not Kenny Chesney is gay. I don’t think he is, but my BFF’s “Gaydar” gives her the signal.  Amy said she wasn’t sure but it didn’t matter. 

I have to agree with that. Kenny is hot.  If you’ve ever seen him performing on stage, the guy is an animal! He puts on a hell of a show. At the birthday bash, he ended up getting so drunk, but he still outperformed most artists I’ve seen.  It was a rocking show!  Is Kenny Chesney gay?  I don’t know, but I don’t care.  It wouldn’t be the first time I fell for a gay guy…i.e. high school. OMG, his name was Kenny too!  This guy was in my drama class and could out-sing and out-act any guy in the school district (that should’ve been a red flag to me). He had the perfect feathered hair and body…ah…those were the days.  I should’ve known because all of my advances (and any other girl in the school) were ignored.  Not that I was the catch of the county or anything…but. We were good friends, and he finally told me in confidence about his sexual orientation.  I was relieved….don’t ask me why.

Ok, I’m done for the evening peeps.  After pulling weeds, using the weed eater and mowing the last of the lawn, it's time to finish my soup and head to my bed. Hoping this blog finds you all well and happy.

No comments: