Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Karma is a Bitch!

So I'm driving home tonight from shopping with K, and I'm coming up to a light.  I'm in the right lane of a 2-lane left turn.  This Bitch in a Mercedes cuts me off from the left lane of the turn to get into my lane.  I had to slam on my breaks and I laid on the horn. Bitch totally ignores me.  The light goes green and we make our turn.  Someone in a Toyota, in the left lane of the turn, totally cuts her off to make a right lane freeway onramp and she slams on her breaks and hits her horn.  It was so fucking funny I start laughing as I realize that Karma just made this bitch her bitch!  She sees me laughing and she's so mad she flips me off.  I start laughing harder.  I mean..Really???  I'm giggling for 3 miles. I just can't wipe the shit-eating grin off my face.  As I pull along side her to make a right turn, I yell out my window "Karma's a bitch" and she just goes off as I laughingly pull away.


My sorry butt was dragging all day.  No hangover, just lack of sleep! Monday night I was stressing about the presentation to Management and last night it was Racer Boy and his sister! I had started off the evening drinking wine and having pizza with R and K. R wanted a shot or two of the Fireball, so I brought that out.  I finished the wine and drank a margarita. Racer was taking too long getting to the house and they had to leave. When Racer arrives, he wants a shot of tequila…so naturally, being the responsible hostess I am, I had to have one too. So it was Patron down. Then we cracked pistachios, drank beer and chatted.  I then made the switch to Fireball.  UGH.  It was a late night.  However, Dizzy always drinks lots of water when she consumes alcohol so she won’t have a hangover the next day…and I didn’t.

 It was a busy day at work also. I despise costing and budget meetings. I don’t know how number crunchers do it on a day in/day out basis.  I did get to strategize with my team, so that’s always good.  My team makes being a project manager easier than people think it is.  People always ask me how I do it, and how they couldn’t stand the job (like me and number crunchers), etc.  I do stuff, but it’s always the team that makes or breaks the project.  They make me look good!  This is why Dizzy will be opening her home next month for a BBQ for the team members. I will not be consuming copious amounts of alcohol because my team is not allowed to see their PM lose control! And that is that!

I heard from my Boy yesterday.  He’s so awesome.  He was frustrated with a conversation he had with his Nana (my mother).  I had to remind him of Einstein’s definition of Insanity, and that he was expecting a different outcome from his Nana that he’s never going to get. I also reminded him of the reasons behind Nana’s behavior, and that cooled his heels.  My boy is feisty and he gets it from his fierce Mom. I even said “You’re taking after your Mother” and he said “What?”  I forgot…He refers to my sister as “Mother” and me as “Mom”.  Poor Kid, I don’t know how he does it, but he handles the whole mess well and I’m extremely proud of him. He made the transition from Nephew to Son quite well, but I am the one constant in his life and he does take after me…good and bad.  I adore him.

I did call back the 32 year old "N" and let him know that I haven't found his tool. I also let him know that I wasn't home, but feel free to come by and look. I told K about it and she said, you know that isn't the reason he wants to come by, and he wants to come by when you're home.  I said that I realized that, but HE'S 32! The age old question...how young is too young? We already covered that topic in a previous blog, but I really didn't realize that I was going to run into this issue as often as I have so far. I really thought my issue would be that I never meet anyone and how do I get out and do that.  No...my issue is frakking Cradle Robbing!  Great.....  And those of you doing the math...I realize he's 8 years older than my boy, so according to my rules, I would be ok.  You know, I don't want to turn into the kind of person that sleeps with just anyone. I'm picky! I have standards, and I'd like to keep those. He does meet all my standards...it's just...never mind

The next 5 weeks is going to be crunch time because I'm taking the last two weeks of May off and getting me some beach time.  It may not be Mexico, but I anticipate fun, Tequila, Fireball and the ocean soothing a soul that has had the shit beat out of it the last 6 months.  Even today, I received news of a special person in my life testing positive for cervical cancer. I just broke out crying at my desk (and I fucking hate to cry at work!), but I know that cervical cancer is beatable and chances are good that surgery will take care of everything.  I just wish I was with her, just as I know K wishes the same.  And when the time comes, I will be.  So the ocean can't come soon enough.

I think I'm ending this episode with the following....


No comments: