Monday, April 15, 2013

Everything Happens on Tax Day

April 15th.  Of course, I have to be one of the last people to file my taxes today.  That's cuz Dizzy is writing a fat check to IRS and FTB.  This one hurt people, but at least I know now where I stand as far as withholding, etc. April 15th is always a craptacular day.  Those of you who know me, know where I work and it's always busy. It stands to reason that a person who works where I do, would put off filing until the last minute...especially when they owe.  However, I'm a firm believer of e-file and this just proves my point that you can file from the convenience of your computer and not have to deal with the post office.  Plus, you get proof of filing.

Unfortunately, to hear about the bombings in Boston is heartbreaking.  We learned the hard way that things can happen on American soil, but now Americans must unite and take back their Country!  Not with more laws, but by enforcing the laws that we have. It is up to us, or we will continue to suffer casualties on our own turf.  I will await judgement until we know more details, but it's still difficult to deal with.

Also got some bad news from my sista from anutha mutha...she will have to have surgery to combat her cancer.  IT FUCKING SUCKS!!! But we have another week to find out how in depth this surgery and follow up is going to be. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and praying that we're not talking Chemo here. So any good thoughts and prayers you could send my Sista's way would be greatly appreciated.

I'm back on my exercise routine and..as soon as this blog is finished, will be giving Colin Farrell (my bowflex) an open can of whupass!  I was hoping to mow the lawn, but with the rain, it looks like I'll have to wait. It doesn't take long for this half acre to look like a freaking jungle! Dizzy has to treat her yard like the ocean and never turn her back on it. I do have a cool yard, so I'm not complaining.  And although the work is enormous, it will keep my butt in shape.  I'm just wondering what the age is going to be where I throw in the towel and hire someone to do it (if I can afford that). Ah well.

Had some fun with the emails today. This person had me laughing big time!  However, Dizzy has come up with a suitable response for tomorrow's song sharing episode (I'm still giggling) and am willing to bet that I'm gonna be in trouble after shooting this cannon ball over the bow. Ah, I have to remember that paybacks are a bitch.  Fun...but a bitch!

So what's next for this week?  Got lots to do before TAHOE Baby!!!  I just know its going to be beautiful at the Coyote House this weekend. So looking forward to it. We'll see about getting the yard mowed and my wax appointment moved up.  Yeah...It's self-inflected pain time....ah well.

No comments: