Sunday, April 7, 2013

End of a Solid Weekend

So I was up by 7 a.m....again...because the yard guy said he was coming to get the last of my concrete.  I got dressed but saw how beautiful my angel was sleeping and shot off a couple of pictures.

I swear, when I look at her, I have the same feeling I did the moment I took her in my arms at the hospital.  She, like her two brothers (One my Son) and cousin "C" is the light to my darkness; The yin to my yang. Everything about her is magical and there isn't a thing on this earth that I wouldn't do to keep her safe, healthy and loved. And if anyone even thinks about harming a hair on her head, there is no measure to the steps I will take to make sure that POS will suffer....Damn, Dizzy just pulled a Sandra Bullock in Miss Congeniality... Breathe in...breathe out...Ok. I'm better now.  

The yard guy was here 15 minutes early, but was out of here within a half hour.  I made the Beanster breakfast biscuits and we cuddled on the chaise and planned out our morning. We headed to Toys-R-Us because I wanted a football and we wanted to get a Croquet Set to play outside in the new cleanup yard.  The Croquet caddy needed to be put together, so I taught Beanster to use a phillips screwdriver, and away she went....
 I thought she did a fabulous job. We then set about setting up the wickets and her geezer Auntie had to remember the rules. We actually ended up playing our own game and just had fun.  For it being a first time for her, she did really well. When she took her time at the shots her aim was dead on.  I can tell I have competition on my hands.

We didn't get around to tossing the football, but that's ok.  I know, girls don't usually have footballs, but I did play powder puff ball in high school and really liked it. I probably liked the physical part of it and I was pretty lethal on the field.  I figured this would be a fun way to get my arms back into shape, but I'm going to need a net to catch the ball because I know I'll have a hard time finding someone to throw the ball with.  Ah well.

My sister came and picked her up and talked about getting involved in evening skate sessions at the local rink. She asked me if I'd be interested and asked me if I used FaceBook and said that we need to connect there so she can keep me up to date on when they go.  People...It took every ounce of self-control I have to not cough "Bull Shit".  This chick has had me blocked for years, and she's a fucking fool if she thinks I don't know that.  UGH!!! It is what it is...but for God's sake, don't be fake about the whole damned thing. She does it for her daughter, but even Beanie knows that her Auntie and her Mommy don't get along...we're cordial.

After they left, the furniture people came and replaced the Chaise.  That thing really was busted, because the chaise, in recline mode, does not go almost flat...the last one did.  After cleaning the kitchen, I thought I might catch up on a few ZZZs while watching mindless television, since for some reason, when I went to watch Black Hawk Down, I was experiencing latency with Netflix...which is why I need to straighten out the Leviton Panel with all the wiring...something is effed up in there.  I'll watch BHD tonight in bed (I have not watched it all the way through I'm ashamed to say...shhhh). Anyway...just as I get into a good snooze...my effing Geezer Neighbor (the one with the property next to mine) decides on a Sunday late afternoon that now is the time to mow the acre of property.  He couldn't wait till tomorrow when I'm at work?  He's like 94 for Christ's sake, and he's retired.  He has nothing to do all day!  I had my doors open and screens closed, but after that, I was wide awake and couldn't go back to sleep...and I have one of those sleep deprived head aches.  Not serious...just there.

I need a sex marathon...you know, one of those 3-5 hour sessions where you're all sweaty and intense...That would so put me out.  Ah well, I'll have to depend upon wine and I'm going to make a lobster bisque for dinner.  Afterward, I'll crawl into bed and watch my movie and hopefully have a peaceful nights sleep.  Tuesday is Dance-Monkey-Dance day for Diz...and I'm going to need to tap this time.

I'm not complaining.  I had a really good productive weekend. I'm just wishing I was resting my head on a mans' chest to go to sleep.  Until tomorrow my friends....I hope you're doing what I wish I was doing.  Go find your guy/girl and snuggle.  It's one of those evenings. G'nite.



2 comments:

Kristie said...

Lets throw that football I can totally throw and my kids like to toss the ball around as well. I also love crocket. I used to play it with my grandparents and friends as a kid. Wish I had hung onto the cool set they had

32 is perfect ....

Diz said...

Yeah, he called today...hmmmm!