Saturday, April 20, 2013

Can the Fun Get Any Better???

So we woke up yesterday morning and went out to breakfast at Bert's Cafe. Really good food and really reasonable prices. After a week of green smoothies for breakfast, I ended up with extra crispy hashbrowns with gravy (not a big biscuit person). Yum!

After breakfast, we did a little grocery shopping and then decided what to do with our day. We decided to hike Eagle Rock which is around the North Shore (Homewood) area of Tahoe. It was freaking awesome (pictures below). I ended up on this outcropping. I didn't have a problem with rock climbing, but was more worried that I'd rip a hole in my pants since they weren't denim. But I threw caution to the wind and went for it.

After that, we headed to Vikingsholm and hiked down to the bottom. The Emerald Bay is aptly named. Those blues and greens coming through was just stunning. We then decided to check out the Eagle water falls and when we got there realized that we'd have to trek all the way back and head up the mile walk to the road. R, K and I decided that we don't need any stinking trail and rock climbed up to the road. Although I got elbowed in the nose (my fault, I was a little too close to K, but I knew she was a little nervous about the climb), I was really happy with my level of fitness. I was not hurting and not winded. And this morning, I expected to be sore, but I'm not. I feel fantastic!

After we got back, we changed and headed to our haunt, The Flight Deck. We didn't plan on staying late, but I got a chance to take a heli ride around Tahoe and I took it!!! OMG, totally stunning from above. There are no words. I'd done a heli-ride on my birthday last year, but it was a 20 minute one. Last nights ride was like an hour. Holy Cow!!! The only thing missing was someone special to share it with!

When I got back, we had a little dinner and then headed out. We provided a ride for a couple of our inebriated Tahoe Buddies. K bottles his own wine, so when we got to his house, he gave me two bottle...one a red regular wine and the other is laced with a certain substance. I told him that I didn't want a bottle of it, he could just give me a sip to taste it, but he insisted. Not sure I'll ever open the bottle, but...

We headed to the living room and proceeded to rock out and dance. Then K pulls out his special moonshine laced with another substance (what is it with this guy?) and this stuff was horrific! It even smelled like thick rotted swamp stuff!

After that, things got a little hairy. R and K (not my girlie) headed out to pick up a couple of girls that needed a ride from a bar They get back and we're just playing music and dancing, but the blonde with long hair thinks I'm with wine-making K and is hostile. I wasn't, I'm not and I won't ever be...with him. We're just friends, but it was fun to be perceived as a threat from a 20-something chick. She headed downstairs and was gone for awhile, so I went down to talk to her. She's got some serious self-esteem issues. I told her that she needs to take control of this situation if she likes him and not let him treat her like shit. Things got a little hairy when her girlfriend got into a fight with K's buddy. We decided that it was time to end the evening and let them have their drama.

What a day!!!!





















1 comment:

Kristie said...

What a great Tahoe trip. You rocked it. Hiking and helio ride. Can't beat that. I wanna get up and hike Tahoe again it's been about ten years since we hikes up there. I think the kids are ready for it.