Monday, April 8, 2013

There’s no Crying watching Black Hawk Down!!!

Vin busted my ass today. You know how sometimes, when you’re working out, it takes longer to get into the zone? I was more than 15 minutes into the workout before I started getting that liquid feeling, and my muscles started loosening up. I think it may have had to do with the work I did outside in the yard. Who knows! I gutted out the hour though.

On the way into work, I spotted the runner. This guy in his 70’s runs down Auburn Blvd, and waves to practically every car that goes by. I always look forward to seeing him and I’m surprised that he’s out so early and in a good frame of mind. Yes, I waved like a freaking idiot, whether he saw me or not. Gotta pass on the good karma.

Last night, after my dinner and wine, I settled into bed and started watching Black Hawk Down (BHD). I recognized the first 15 minutes of the movie and I can’t remember why it was that I didn’t watch the whole thing. I was blown away by the sheer number of Somali that wanted to rip apart any soldier they found in Mog, when all we were really doing there was to try to keep the people fed. My friend said that “they were definitely the most savage people we encountered”…. I was speechless. It was the bond that our soldiers felt toward one another and how they wouldn’t leave anyone behind. They were relentless in their efforts to reach the downed birds. I cried…damn it! I asked if it was a pretty accurate depiction of events and he said it was. Our military isn’t paid enough for what they do.

I ran into “J” at work today and we chatted for a moment. The idiot gave me a rash of shit for having the tree people work on my yard. He told me it was a “Dr. Phil” moment in my life that I’ve admitted I was overwhelmed by the amount of work and actually had someone do it. He said “two years ago, and you would’ve said ‘Fuck that shit! I’m doing the yard”. Well, after doing that with the house, I’m a little pooped out and I’m two years older. Besides, on a logical standpoint it was the only thing to do…The tree people have the equipment to take out the stumps…I don’t. The yard guy hauled away all the cement, the metal, the ivy, filled in holes and trenches in the yard, etc. It would’ve cost me $500 for a cement dumpster (it would’ve been my third one), and I couldn’t mix the cement with metal or organic material. With him it was $700 for everything, and he did a lot. That’s a no brainer!

I had every intention of making Colin Ferrell (the BowFlex) my bitch tonight, but when I looked at my calendar, I realized I have another happy hour to attend (poor me). It’s funny, but someone called me “Happy Hour Queen” last week, and of course, I over analyzed it. Geez, I need to loosen/lighten up and relax (my old flame said the same thing when we met for lunch. I was taking everything he said to seriously). I was worried that this person would think I had a serious alcohol problem and given that this person had seen me extremely inebriated on multiple occasions, what the hell else would he think. I will admit that the last couple of years, I’ve drank more than I should.

The whole divorce/house/responsibility thing really knocked me on my ass. And then losing my kitty, I really felt alone in my house (although I know in my heart I’m not truly alone). I admit I didn’t do well during the months of November and December for multiple reasons. Once January hit, I set about changing my drinking habits. When MM died in February, I drank myself silly on that day (no matter how much I drank, I couldn’t get drunk enough). But other than that, I’ve been a pretty good girl. So when I go out to happy hour, I do not over indulge because I have to drive home. A couple of drinks with some snack and that’s it for me. I can’t risk losing a license since I’m a single income girl.

However, all bets are off when I’m on vacation and I’m not driving. Although I can promise you…I will not drink as much as I did on my last vacation. I freaking lost my mind!!! I don’t want to be dependent upon another addiction. I ended my marriage due to alcohol addiction, and I had a serious food addiction that I have to monitor every day.

Being single, Happy Hour seems to be the social activity and easy to arrange with my friends. Believe me, it’s not to troll for guys. That’s all I need is to pick up a guy in a bar…when I know he doesn’t truly see me for me. He’s looking to hook up and alcohol has made me look like Cindy Crawford. Yeah…NO! You can get a cheap drink and an appetizer which means I don’t have to prepare dinner, so it an easy thing. No prep work, no cooking, no cleanup, no brainer!

So here we all are at Celia’s. Awesome Mexican food, and you know about my love for tequila. Hey! I did not pick the place (but it sure looks like I did…Ha ha!). This is a group of buddies I used to work and travel with until I transferred to another group and job. We see each other in passing at work, but don’t get to spend any serious time together, so it’s nice when we can do this.

One of the interesting topics was our debate about who gossips more...Men or Women? The men said that women do, and the women said that men are just as bad...although the two guys disagreed.  OMG, one of the advantages of having guy friends is to hear the shit they say about women!  Men think that when we (girls) talk, we talk about all the juicy details of what we did when we were banging the guy, how we did it, etc.  Most chicks do not talk that way. The older we get, the more we don't give a shit, and we do get more descriptive. But the younger we are the more its all romance, and "he took me in his arms" crap.

The men I've known were extremely descriptive.."Dude, this chick gave the best head of my life...first she went down and ....." then it's off to the races where they tell every detail of what made it the best head.  Am I wrong?  Don't misunderstand me....If they are good guy friends, then I don't mind them telling me because a girl never turns her back on some good pointers. It's one of the reasons I love guy friends.  I get the whole male perspective and it's awesome. My girl "R" agrees.

She boxes at the downtown gym and she's considered a "home girl", she does not mess around with the guys at her gym, so the guys are always giving the DL to her and the other guys on their hookups. They are graphic! Even she agrees that most women do not get into the tiny details of hookups. They feel like they're giving too much away.

Don't think I haven't met my boyfriends "friends" and when they meet you, you see in their eyes that they know details about you. Details, I may not want them to know, but am not going to tell my guy not to share. I just act like I don't know.  Thankfully for me, there's usually respect (maybe tinged with a little lust) in their eyes, so I think I'm doing something right.

Ah well, it was a top night.  I'm off to bed, as I need to work off the tortilla chips in the morning...Damn that Vin...  G'nite Peeps!

No comments: