Friday, April 12, 2013

Indoctrination from our Schools


Those willing to give up freedom for security deserve neither freedom nor security.”  Benjamin Franklin.

I came across this today, and I felt it was important to blog about. It came out of an article from The Blaze in Florida.  I just copied the key part….


Aaron Harvey's son wrote as part of a school lesson, "I am willing to give up some of my constitutional rights in order to be safer or more secure." TheBlaze has redacted the child's name.

Harvey's son attends Cedar Hills Elementary in Jacksonville, Fla. Back in January, a local attorney came in to teach the students about the Bill of Rights. But after the attorney left, fourth-grade teacher Cheryl Sabb dictated the sentence to part of the class and had them copy it down, he said.”

WTF?? What gives a school teacher the right to push their personal views on to impressionable minds of children?  This is wrong on so many levels, but happens every day in this Country.  If we as parents are not vigilant regarding our children’s education, then our children will be indoctrinated before we even know what’s hit us!

Thank God the father had the good sense to forward his concerns to the paper and have the school and teacher outed. Unfortunately, this is only the beginning.  You have another moron by the name of “Melissa Harris-Perry” out there spouting that “Your kids don’t belong to you – but the whole community”. Well, if this is how the “community” teaches children, we have a bigger fight on our hands than most people realize. In my opinion, the community and our Country belongs to our children.

We cannot afford to be complacent or apathetic! We have to speak out, fight against this kind of brain-washing.  Our freedoms have been paid and continue to be paid for by the blood of patriots. To ignore these concerns is to turn your back on everything this Country is supposed to stand for.  It frustrates me to no end (Gee Diz….really???).   Sorry my friends.  There is so much more I could say, but sometimes I feel like I’m pushing against a brick wall.

I have a friend that just told me she doesn’t concern herself with voting or what’s going on.  I wanted to slap the apathy right out of her. Really??? You and people like you are the reason this Country is going down the toilet.  Freedom isn’t easy. Your rights will always be taken by someone who is willing to take it, if you don’t fight to keep it.  It is these kinds of people that one day, wake up and shake their heads, wondering what happened and how did they end up in this situation….Just like the citizens of Germany. Only, it will be too late for them to do anything about it.  Grrrrrr!!!

Ok, done with that diatribe.  

Dizzy is doing some "grooming" today, i.e. the annual (or sometimes semi-annual) hair straightening  process.  Which has commenced that the poison is on my head right now.  Ah, the things women to do avoid frizz. 

I also have to do my taxes this weekend.  My whole unit put off their taxes until this week. I guess its something about always being around them, etc.  I don't know.  

I need to drop by and visit the Beanster tomorrow also.  She's feeling a bit unloved and neglected because her Mommy isn't taking her tummy aches seriously.  Sometimes its so hard to be on the outside and be a good Auntie.  If my sister isn't careful, she may drive away my niece.  She's so damned temperamental and moody. My sister screams at the drop of a hat. She's always been self absorbed and difficult to live with.  Ugh!

Until tomorrow my friends...I'm checking out the Kenny Chesney video "Come Over".

No comments: