Wednesday, April 24, 2013

UGH!!!

Sorry about not blogging yesterday.  The day got away from me.  I had a friend stop by to discuss the new project at work and we went for pizza and the next thing I knew, it was late.  Too late for blogging.

What a day today!!!  Busy with meetings, trying to complete my project in the next 3 weeks (6 weeks early) so I can devote my time to the new project.  Dancing for management, appointments, etc.

5 minutes after I get home the Ex pulls up with his tools to work on the Riding Snapper mower.  We unfortunately could not get it to work, so I'm going to call the Mower shop tomorrow to discuss the damned thing.  While he was working on that, I was trimming trees and Camellia bushes (don't go there peeps!). Tomorrow is green waste pickup, so I thought I'd get a jump on that. Once we knew the mower wouldn't work, he left and I pulled out the push mower and got the front, side and part of the big lawn mowed.  Dizzy didn't get done till 8 p.m. when the mower ran out of gas.  I'll finish up the yard this weekend.  Dizzy is drinking wine for dinner...Bad Diz...BAD!!!  I just don't feel like making anything, and I need to get to bed soon to be up early to kick Vin Diesel's ass!

However, tomorrow night, Dizzy is shopping for GIRLS NITE!! Oh yeah, the ladies are throwin' down Friday nite and I'm hosting.  We are going to have a blast!  I've cooked pulled pork for street tacos and pulled pork sandwiches (just got to get the fixins' to go with), I've got Fireball, tequila, vanilla cake vodka, whipped cream vodka, K is bringing beer...it is ON!  Love me my time with the Girlies!  I can't forget to download Magic Mike....we need some beefcake!

Dizzy is counting down the days till vacation.  Although I haven't heard from my Nephew yet, I know I'm going to have a blast.  My Nephew N hasn't decided if he's going to fly into Sac to drive with me, or if he'll fly into Portland and I pick him up there.  He's planning on visiting his Dad, but if things don't work out, he'll stay with me in the Condo. Things are precarious with their relationship, but hopefully everything will work out.  He hasn't even committed to going yet, So I'll have to give him a call this weekend to see what's up.  He may not even go.

This will be the first time Dizzy has taken the Beast on a long drive and done a vacation completely by herself...i.e. the Besties won't be there to ease me into vacation like they did in Cabo. Although I'm meeting up with relatives there, I'll be traveling alone, so I need to purchase a lock for my gun case cuz the Sig .40 is going with!  I'm not really worried though.  I've traveled by myself for work, but I just need to use common sense. Most importantly, I have to carry myself with the "Don't fucking bite this one off Bitch" attitude.  And I have to mean it...and I do.  No one messes with me, so nothing to worry about peeps.  Besides...I'll be in constant contact with K and keep her posted, so she'll always know where I am.  Got someone staying at the house, so that's all good.

The relatives I'll be visiting are actually related to the Ex, but we're still cool, so it'll be fun to see them. I don't think they harbor me any ill will because I divorced N. I think everyone knew it was coming. They also know that I was more than fair during the whole divorce and that we do have a kid together and get along. So, we'll see what happens.

If I have any issues, it'll be with my nephew's Dad P.  We never really got along because he's a self-centered asshole. He's a retired Army Ranger, who fell in love with an Uzbekistan stripper (they couldn't understand each other, but spoke the language of love), left his wife and son and married her. He expected his son at 10 years of age to be the one to pick up the phone and call him and didn't do anything to keep the relationship going. He called me to bitch about the fact that his son never called, and I was straight up with him when I said that it wasn't a 10-year old's job to stay in contact with his Dad...it's the other way around. I just don't understand Dads/Moms that are given the gift of a child, and don't put that gift first!

Now that I'm single, I have absolutely no issues with Dads putting me second to make sure their kids are taken care of and happy.  I mean really???  The greatest job you'll have on this earth is to be a parent and if you don't give it everything, the results will be catastrophic. I think I'm passionate about it because I didn't give birth to a child of my own and when I was given the gift of my Nephew, now my Son, I treasured every part of it...and still do.  I miss back-to-school nights, and baseball games.  I even miss going over the homework and arguing, etc.  But the Man that I contributed to is awesome! My Son is smart, hardworking, has his head on straight and is only getting better with age.  What more could I ask for?  I'd love the chance to do it again...but Dizzy is not getting pregnant....HELL NO!  Not at my age!

How did I get off on this tangent?  Ah well.  I had some fun emails this morning, and I'm really thankful that I did because it took the edge off of the project stuff.  I had a spring in my step and a shit-eating grin on my face.  Yeeeeehaaawwwwww! And my brother texted "I Love You"...totally awesome.

G'nite Peeps.. Hope your hump day was a good one...(did I ever tell you that Wednesday has always been my favorite day of the week?  Who the fuck knows why...but it's been like that since I was a kid).


No comments: