Saturday, April 6, 2013

Finally...A Yard!

Today the tree people showed up just after 8 a.m. Boy, I can't believe the work that they did.  I have never seen one of those machines that the grind the stumps out with (Gee, is that called a Stump Grinder???), but it was something else.  It made short work of the stumps on the property, and I'm exceedingly happy about the whole thing!  It's a good thing that I hired someone to do this, because I think that machine in my hands would've been something to behold.  I would've ground every darned tree down just to have some fun with the machine.  It was quite awesome!

The job took longer than I thought, but the Mulberry tree is huge and they ended up taking quite a bit off of it.  This tree has always shaded the house and the squirrels jump from the roof onto the tree. Unfortunately, I've deprived the squirrels of their tree highway, so I'm sure I'm bound to hear it from them tomorrow...wonder what I did with that squirrel call that I had....







That poor tree is Nekid!!!

I also had them get rid of this one tree.  I don't know the history, but the damned tree was growing out of a metal garbage can.  My friend "R" wanted me to keep it, but no...I want the yard more.  So they hacked that one down.  They also pruned half of the other tree so that I could have more sunlight on the solar panels. Love it.  All and All, it was an extremely productive day.  After they left, I got out the lawnmower and made that yard my bitch.  I even reclaimed part of the ivy covered lawn.







My sister dropped off my Niece, whom I fondly call the "Beanster" aka "Beanie" and within 5 minutes, she's already walked through the screen on the front door, damaging the mesh on the bottom.  I can see that I won't be able to use these screens with her around. Ah well.

We invited my ex...her Uncle, over for dinner...BBQ ribs and "make your own Baked Potatoes" and watched the 3D version of Monsters Inc., ate popcorn and just had some fun.  God, I worship this girl.  Here's a couple more pics, but I got to go.  I'll blog more tomorrow.




No comments: