Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Tired

Wow!!! It's been busy!  Yesterday I helped my friend RK put flooring down in his Sister's kitchen.  That lasted until midnight last night!!!  Holy Moly, what a pain...but if I wanted to put flooring down on my floor, at least I have an idea how!

I picked him up and took him to the airport this morning and the wingnut left his phone in my beast..this after asking him "Are you sure you have everything?" Luckily, I decided to visit my BFF TS who lives close to the airport.  I'm a few houses down from her house and I hear this strange ringtone and think WTF?  Yeah, it's RK ringing his phone asking me to bring it back to the airport.  The bitch is lucky I've known him for so many years.

After calling my BFF and letting her know why I'd be late, I took the phone back. I had a great visit with her. She makes an excellent cup of joe (Nespresso...the bomb). We caught up on all kinds of stuff and I got to check out the changes she's made to the house.  The woman has exquisite taste.  Me...I'm definitely more eclectic. She's one of those people that after you leave her, you have a spring to your step.

I thought it was funny that she didn't realize that I have an interest in things like the Monsanto Protection Act that Obama passed.  Uh, hello...everyone should have an interest when a corporation like Monsanto basically makes themselves untouchable by lawsuit if one of their products hurts a consumer and the consumer decides to litigate!!  Yes Peeps, I may be a conservative, meat consuming, gun-toting bitch, but that doesn't mean I'm not sensitive to the environment and not concerned with the food products that I consume. I love verbally sparring with my friend because she's definitely a liberal.  Makes for interesting conversation.  However, I do believe we see eye-to-eye on the important things.

I headed for home to meet with the Arborist that will be pulling stumps and cutting back on some of the trees that are blocking my solar panels. She was a really nice lady (I thought a guy was coming) and cut me a hell of a deal.  Come to find out that she's from Costa Rica and started her business with her husband and sons.  She lost her husband and one of the sons (who was a twin) 5 years ago and has been trying to run the business herself since.  The other twin isn't doing well with the loss and doesn't want to be in the business. She really struck me as a straight shooter and hard worker.  I'm looking forward to seeing what she does to the property.  I'll take before and after pictures. They come on Saturday.

I also spoke with Clear View and they'll be installing my retractable screens on Friday Afternoon. The yard cleanup guy will be here on Friday also, so it looks to be a busy day, but by the time all is said and done....I'll have over a half acre that I'll be able to maintain myself. Granted, I love to think of myself as Wonder Woman, but there's only so much one person can do and hold down a full time job and work around the house too.

I picked up my BFF KW and headed to "On The Border" this evening.  We decided we needed a margarita and some active discussion.  Lots to talk about and as we were conversing, a girl "Amy" came up to us and asked me about the shirt I was wearing. She said she had the same shirt and had never seen anyone else wearing it.  I know you "Red Heads" recognize the shirt..."Go There Once Be There Twice" and on the back it says "I Was There".  It's got various pictures of Sammy Hagar on it and is a reference to the annual Cabo Wabo Birthday Bash (I wore it with a brown mini skirt. I debated for a long time whether or not I should wear my brown cowboy boots with them...I just don't know fashion).  So the three of us sat there dishing about the different events we've attended.  She specifically brought up Kenny Chesney and asked if I was at that concert last year...why yes!  Yes I was!

We compared notes on what we thought was his greatest concert, etc.  I told her about the Hagar concert where Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble opened up for him and how the Sacramento fans booed Stevie Ray (no one can accuse Sac Crowds of having any taste). Vaughn was BY FAR the most talented musician there. It was just cool to have a Red Head come up and start the conversation like we're old friends...and in a way, we are!  It was something I would do!

Anyway Peeps, another gorgeous day in Nor Cal. I know more rain is expected this week, but as long as the weather permits me to wear my skirts...I will do so with impunity!  Although this morning it was cold, so I was wearing jeans and my Devil Dog Sweatshirt. Good thing it warmed up. For those of you in the colder parts of the Country......ha ha ha ha! I got nuthin but love for ya Baby!!!


No comments: