Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Klutz that Works Out!

I ended up falling, but not quite hitting the floor.  My shoulder smashed into the door entry and I ended up with another mark on my knee.  Really Diz...REALLY?????  WTF!  This is the same knee that I manage to scrape a large swath of skin off of in Cabo (we won't discuss Dizzy's intake of tequila that night...) and then...

On November 15th, I freaking slid on a penny in the cafeteria at work. I was striding pretty quickly and couldn't stop the forward momentum. I hit the floor with the aforementioned knee, fell on my ass in a skirt, and while sliding, took down a yellow caution sign and slid into the wall. I was laughing so hard, sprawled on the floor trying to wave away the 6 guys there to help me up! Could I be any more of a klutz???  Thank God I don't break easily!

The Cabo mark is almost gone, the pink at the top of the picture is the penny slide, and the scratch I just did.  If I ever want to impress a man with my gracefulness....I should just go home!
______________________________________________
Yesterday, I picked up a used BowFlex for $100 and did my first workout on it.  I did the Advanced training circuit since I'm in good shape (well, except for the knee maybe).  Today was the second day, with a different set of exercises.  I'm so in love with the thing.  However, it doesn't have a name yet.  The StairMaster is "Vin Diesel" so what do I call the BowFlex?


I have a thing about naming my exercise equipment.  When I can make Vin Diesel my "bitch", I feel like I actually accomplished something.  I've just upped my cardio to an hour (used to be 45 min), so I'm up at 3:30 a.m. and whipping that out.  I come home and do the BowFlex.  I'm leaning toward "Colin Farrell"!  That way, both Colin and Vin will be my bitches!  Got any suggestions Peeps?  The winner's name will get used.

It's not difficult for me to get up at 3:30.  Since I got back from Cabo, I have not slept the entire night through. I think it's because I miss my JazzyKat.  I started thinking about it, and I don't think I've slept without a cat since I was 16 years old, with the exception of being on vacation and the time it took for me to get the house done and my cat back.  Last night, I took some melatonin and crawled into bed around 6.  I figured I'd watch a movie, then go to sleep. Well, I fell asleep during the movie, and woke up at the end...around 8 p.m. Then I was back to my usual routine...up for a couple of hours, sleep for a couple of hours, etc.  I hate continually waking up in the middle of the night.  It would be ok if there was someone to play with, although they'd get tired of me waking them all of the time....

Ah well, I must exit stage left...I'm going country line dancing tomorrow, so I'll have to let ya'll know how it went.  I LOVE to dance, but with my klutziness, I could seriously be dangerous to other people right now.  I'll let you know how it went.

No comments: