Wednesday, January 23, 2013

"Dead Girls Never Say No"

Ok, excuse my french here, but What the Fuck does that mean? I saw this as a window sticker on the back of some guy's truck. Does this mean he is openly promoting Necrophilia? Does this mean he kills his "girls" and then has sex with them? Does he have "Mommy" issues and doesn't like being told no?  Is he threatening any woman who's thinking about telling him no? Or maybe he's a rapist who takes advantage of his victims then kills them so there's no proof that they ever said "No". Holy Crap!  Really Dude? If any of you knows what this means, please enlighten me, cuz I'm totally in the dark here.

Got to talk to my friend Teensy today. It was really good hearing her voice and connecting again.  She also just got back from a trip to PV and had a good time (God, I miss MX). We were talking about our relationships and where we are in the grand scheme of things.  Somehow we ended up wondering about why I seem to have long-distance relationships.  We were laughing over the fact that it could be some psychological thing with me (wouldn't be the first time...ya'll know I'm pretty warped) and that I'm just not happy with a local guy.

On the drive home, I was thinking about this, but the truth is, I didn't really pursue these guys because they live far away...that was really just coincidental.

Example 1: Ex-boyfriend - We first met when he was 16 and I was 20.  He's the brother of two of my BFFs. He wanted me, and I told him to come back when he was 18.  He did!  I thought about it, but realized the complications because his sisters and I was so tight.   So, I gave him a kiss to remember and put the kibosh on it. Fast forward to my separation and imminent divorce...he's now a resident of Iowa and visiting his sister (it's not my fault he moved from Cali to Corn Heaven).  We talk and he tells me he's still interested and he remembered the kiss. I realize that I can pursue that now without worrying too much that the Sisters won't be ok with it. We're all older and wiser, so I do...and the relationship ends up lasting about a year and a half. So I didn't specifically look for a long-distance guy, so he doesn't count.

Example 2:  CC - When we met, it was a sucker punch for me.  So it didn't really matter where he came from.  He could be a "pod person", an alien (Swingers count as aliens, right? Cuz he's definitely a swinger!) and it wouldn't have made a difference to me (except that I would hold the record for the longest distance...keep up with that Bitches!!). And I wouldn't really say that we're in a relationship. I would say we're "friends with benefits?" We're buddies? Eff it, I don't know what to call it, so IT DOESN'T COUNT EITHER!

So, to the friends that keep asking why I fall for long-distance guys...my answer is SUCK IT!  Those don't count, so you can stop asking!  Hey, it's not like I have a window sticker that says "Dead Guys Never Say No", so what the frak is the problem here?












No comments: