Monday, January 21, 2013

iComfort for a Brown-Eyed CaliGirl!

Once again, I'm awake.  Although last night I got about 3 hours of sleep.  My houseguest and I put away some serious whiskey shots and talked forever!  We decided to call it a night around 4 a.m., he in the guest room, and me in my big, huge comfy bed.  I was up around 7 and headed to the store for some football food, came back and made some breakfast.  He woke up around 10 (pansy) and we prepared for the Niner Game, I made 7 layer dip, etc...FREAKING AWESOME WIN!! CK7 ROCKS! We also watched the Raven/Patriot game and then he headed back to Travis AFB.

I did some general cleaning up and watched TV, and then headed to bed, but just couldn't sleep. So I noticed a BFF had posted something to FB, which I liked, and she started texting me from Akumal, MX.  She threw out the offer for me to come join them this week, but I have a really important, butt-kicking meeting on Wednesday.  She asked why I was still up, and I said that I have a hard time sleeping without something (kitty) or someone sleeping next to me.  Not sure how we got on the topic, but I was telling her that my bed is still a virgin, and it's been here a year.  She called the ex-boyfriend a douche for not initiating it.

It's actually an awesome bed too!  A Cal-King iComfort for a brown-eyed CaliGirl! I'd been sleeping on waterbeds since I was 16 years old.  When I divorced, I gave up the bed that I carted around with me since I moved out on my own. I didn't know what I was going to replace it with, I just knew that I needed a fresh start, so the bed should be new as well. Fortunately, I had plenty of time to search for it, since the freaking house took longer than I anticipated.

I was walking through JCP while they were having a mattress sale. I had already done some searching elsewhere, and tried the sleep number, Sealy, etc.  I wasn't even at JCP for their sale, but as I was walking through, something caught my eye.... the name iComfort!  Those of you who know me, know what a Mac Addict I am, i.e. iPhone, iMac, etc.  So when I saw that..It was like a sign from, NO..Not God...Steve Jobs!  It basically said, try me!  And I did...and it was LOVE!  It's like a TempurPedic, but the difference is that it has the memory foam and gel, so your body won't run as hot.  So, I got 40% off, plus 20%  and I had a 10% coupon, and this $5,500 mattress was mine for about $2300 with a 25 year guarantee that doesn't start to depreciate until the 15th year! SCORE!

I then had to find the frame that I wanted.  I didn't want one with the sleigh footboard, and I didn't want something frilly/froufrou!  I wanted something dark, masculine and substantial.  I finally found it and I absolutely love it.  The only thing really missing from my awesome bed is a means to tie someone to it.  I mean, you never know when a girl might need to finally initiate the bed and have a little fun with some silk stalkings (remember that TV show??? Loved it), blindfold, etc.

But perhaps I'm jumping the gun here, I really need to find someone to help me initiate it first, then worry about the accoutrements.  I could just do a simple booty call, but I think this bed deserves a little something more, and I'm not really the booty call kind of girl (not to say I haven't done it...it just isn't satisfying).   Ah well...I'll work on that later.

Ok, my mood just shifted...my computer is playing "I'll be seeing you" as I'm wrapping up this post,  so I think I'll just end it before I say something really stupid (not that I haven't done that before...). G'nite Peeps!

No comments: