Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Hacking Email Accounts

No...this is not a "How To" blog. Well, at least not about hacking... Yesterday's blog provided a segue into today's topic, i.e. Hacking into your significant other's email account.

I have a friend who consistently looks into her partner's email account to see if they're keeping their word about not seeing a person that has been detrimental to their relationship. Her partner has no idea that she has access to his account. Unfortunately, she found out things that put a strain on their relationship.

If your partner knows you half as well as they should, coming up with your password is not a difficult thing, unless you make it difficult. Granted, my ex-husband was computer illiterate, so I never really had to worry about him looking at my accounts...and I have four of them, and even if he did, it wouldn't have been a big deal.

The key point being that if your partner can hack your account...so can someone else. You need to take steps to tighten your security from outside influences.  My key passwords are structured around a book I read long ago (and no one knows I read it) and a sequence of numbers. It would take a serious hacker to figure out what it is. Do not associate your birth dates, family birth dates, your anniversary dates, graduation date, etc. with your password!  Take your password totally from left field so that people will not associate it with you.

The other point I'd like to make (cuz it's my blog and I can say whatever I want) is.... I do not try to hack my significant other's accounts.  My ex-boyfriend was also computer illiterate and asked me to set up his Facebook account for him. He had given me his password to his email account, so I used the same one for FB.  However, I have never gone into his accounts without his permission, even when I needed to tighten the FB security options for him. And now that we've broken up, I'm willing to bet he still hasn't changed his passwords, thereby giving me free reign to read anything that comes through FB or his email account if I wanted. I will still never go into those accounts. Why? Because I'd never break the trust. No matter who I'm with, if I have to check out who my man is talking to, and what he's saying...the relationship is over for me. Relationships are hard enough without having to monitor who your man/woman is talking to. I don't want to be a babysitter, and I'm not going to! Not only that, I expect my man to have friendships with both men and women, just as I do. So just because he's talking to a girl, doesn't necessarily mean that he's boinking her.

To be honest, I will have broken it off with my partner long before the urge to hack their account enters my head because I know there will have been signs that this relationship isn't working for us. You know what I'm talking about...that feeling deep in the pit of your stomach that tells you something is wrong. Or, maybe we've had "the talk", i.e. the one where one of us realizes that we want different things out of the relationship. Unless I'm a freaking crazy whack-job, that's usually an indication that maybe this isn't the right relationship.

If I am a freaking crazy whack-job...this is my cue to step it into high gear and try to change you, monitor your every move, hack your email, start designing my wedding dress and personalized stationary with your last name emblazoned at the top, tell your Mother that I can't wait until she's my  Mother too and ask her to help me shop for wedding flowers, ask your Dad if he'll walk me down the aisle, start building a relationship with your boss, buy beers and cigars for your buddies, so they'll think I'm the coolest chick and berate you for not wanting more out of our relationship, etc....I shouldn't know about this stuff, should I?....

This is, of course, based upon the assumption that I'm not married. Marriage takes this to a whole different level, and I believe that you have to work at your marriage.  Hacking the email when I'm married...NO. Talking to you about the fact that I suspect certain things, i.e. having affairs with other women or men, etc. and keeping contact via email...YES.

Granted, this is just my opinion and opinions are like assholes...but to me, my email is like my purse. Stay out of it, unless you ask me.
_________________________________________

My buddies from Georgia, Michael and Patricia asked me to look after their friend Richard who is out at Travis AFB taking a class until Valentines Day.  Since he gets weekends off, I told them I would take good care of him.  He called tonight and we agreed to meet up at my place on Saturday and I'm taking him to Sammy Hagar's Crudo Bar in Roseville.  I told him we'd tear it up and have some fun and he can stay the night in the spare room instead of driving all the way back to Travis.  On Sunday, I was thinking of taking him to old Sac to trip around, etc.  I'm gonna have to consult with my besties to make sure he's getting the most out of his Sac Town experience.  I don't know that I've ever done that kind of hosting before.  Wish me luck....ON THE HOSTING, PEOPLE!!! Get your minds out of the gutter!

On that note, it's been a long DMD day, due to presentations with upper Management.  I did receive the coolest complement from one of the Managers.  He said that the MDP class (it's a class to prepare managers) said that my presentation to them was the best because....I was the only one to talk about mistakes I had made, and what I did to mitigate them!  I busted out laughing!  That totally floored me.  I have no issues telling people about my fuck ups and I have a lot of them.  It isn't the mistakes we make, but how we handle them that make or break us.  I learned that the hard way.  I try to be as blunt as possible and tell it like it is. I appreciate it when others do that for me.

G'Nite Peeps.  Until tomorrow....


No comments: