Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Someone Who Gets Me!

So a friend created a Gmail account and wanted her friends to wish her brother a happy birthday. This is what I wrote:

"Hey ###... Remember how we used to play tag in the park, go down to the local burger joint and share some fries and a milk shake together? Remember the first stolen kiss you gave me under a big brilliant moon, and you held me close and you said we would be together forever??

I don't either, but that won't stop me from wishing you a very happy birthday!"

His reply back:

"Thank you for reminding me of those special moments that never were. Those times that we nearly but never spent together remain some of my most prized fabricated memories, even better than the time that I hit that winning homerun for the Giants in the World Series. That was a bittersweet moment, of course, as you were off collecting your third Oscar and missed my big moment. But we lived and we learned and we loved, nauseating everyone around us with our cloying affection for each other. Ah, those weren't the days!

Thanks for the birthday wishes!"

My reply:

"You got me in stitches over that reply! Thanks for appreciating my warped humor Birthday Boy!"

His reply:

"Warped? I thought that yours was the only normal one. It was definitely "Best in Show." If you ever feel the need to share more random streams of weirdness, my primary email address is #######. Just make sure you use the heading "Nigerian Princess Needs Your Help...Big $$$ For You!!!," as I always respond immediately to those."

I always love it when somebody actually "gets me". I foresee a fun friendship with lots of laughs.



No comments: