Thursday, January 24, 2013

Kickin' it with Toby Keith

Ok, maybe just in his establishment…. Did the Country Line Dancing thing last night, and it was a lot of fun. Although, maybe it’s me and I’m feeling my age, but why did it seem like Toby Keith’s (TK) Bar and Grill was taken over by a bunch of 20-year-olds. Yes, I was wearing booty/calf-hugging jeans, and I think I looked pretty damn good, but then you compare yourself to the 20-year-old Country Nymph dancing next to you (and she’s got bling on her ass), and suddenly, it’s taking every ounce of control you’ve got to maintain an air of confidence. It would’ve helped to have my posse stepping with me, but for the 3rd week, they backed out (for good reasons) and I was not going to miss this! If I can go stag to bars in my 20’s (with a lot less experience and wisdom between my ears), then I damned well better be able to handle my business now, right?

“Heel, toe right.. heel toe left, spin, step, step” OMG, how am I gonna memorize all of these steps? I felt like Sandra Bullock in Ms. Congeniality, when she’s trying to learn the dance steps on the stage and practically takes out her fellow Ms. USA contestants”. Maybe if I was hiding a gun between my thighs like she was, I’d have done better! I definitely would’ve been a hell of a lot more confident! No People!!! I would NOT shoot Ms. Country Nymph because she could shake it better than I can. I have other mad skillz that experience has given me…I don’t need to be a hater. But if she would move to the other side of the dance floor, I might be a bit happier.

I’ll definitely be back next week. However, I now have to figure out how to manipulate my schedule to allow me to do this. Line Dancing starts at 8 p.m. I like to be in bed between 8 and 9 to make Vin my bitch in the morning. So I think I’m going to switch my Vin schedule to allow me to sleep in a little later on Thursday Mornings so I can be up later the night before. I left at 9:30, but could’ve easily stayed a little longer and got some more dancing in.

I told my work peeps about the TK dancing extravaganza and they wanted to know who the “Man Eater” picked up on. I said that I wasn’t out to find guys, I was out to learn how to Line Dance. My work peep Jeff wanted to know how many drinks were bought for me and how many guys did I dance with. Really? Gee Jeff, us “Man Eaters” don’t really kiss and tell because we don’t want our prospective victims to figure out our Modus Operandi. This coming from a guy that turns red at the use of the term “Booty Call”, so then I swapped out the term with “sexual congress” and he still turned red and acted like I was the one offering up this stuff, when he asked me a specific question that required the use of those terms! God, being PC at work is totally exhausting for someone like me. Sometimes it’s a physical struggle to clamp my mouth shut and not tell people what I really think.

Anyway…Toby Keith’s Bar and Grill, Folsom CA, at 8 p.m. on Wednesday nights…..Be there!

“Am I the only one that wants to have fun tonight? Is anybody out there, wants to have a cold beer, kick it till the morning light. If I’m gonna raise hell all by myself I will, but ya’ll that ain’t right. Yeah it’s time to get it on. Am I the only one who wants to have fun tonight.” Am I the Only One – Dierks Bentley

No comments: