Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Friends

I am blessed. I don't know about you, but I'm lucky enough to have some really great friends...friends that I know would give their lives for me.

These are friends that have bled with me through the difficult times and share in the fun times.  I love it when my friends will tell me that I'm freaking crazy and that I need to drop the BS.  They are my compass in times when the needle is pointing due south!

It seems like the last three years of my life has had turmoil. A constant upheaval that has forced me to deal with things that I really don't want to deal with.  The outcome is that I am stronger for it, but my friendships are forged of steel. I've actually learned to cry in front of people (I'm not good at it, but I've done it) and let my feelings show more.  I've learned to ask for help, which has always been difficult for me. And my friends have been right here supporting me.

My home would not be what it is without the help of my friends.  They helped me tear down, throw away, haul, dig, etc. The outcome is more than I could've dreamed.

They listen to me rant and rave about my love life (or lack thereof) and help me make decisions. They let me know if I've been drinking too much tequila, and tell me to take it easy...or they drink as much as I do, and become blathering idiots with me.  They listen to my political diatribes and my rants about how our Country doesn't support our military like they should.

I'm really not sure what I did to deserve them. I don't know what I'd do without them. I honestly think that I'm alive today because of my friends.  So I'm sending out a heartfelt "Thank You" to my friends.  I love you all.

1 comment:

Cat McKenzie said...

Honey, I can tell you exactly what you did to deserve those friends of yours. It's simple really...you are you. xx